Alastor - Admit What?

How is it even possible for someone to wait this long? And not kill every single one of those whimsical egg creatures? And what is taking that other one so long? I sighed as I took my monocle, puffed some air on the lens, and wiped it out of boredom.

"Ohhhh, this one smells like fun," someone announced as I turned around to see the egg things crawling through the garbage again. It laughed, "Oh, I love garbage."

I think it's about time these egg creature drew their last breath. I'm quite tired of this. Just as I was about to use my magic to end their lives, there was a ding on the lift. Finally!

The Egg Boi walked over, heading toward the garbage to meet his companions, and I stopped him using my microphone. "So, what did you hear?" I asked.

The creature stopped to explain, "First, the old guy w-was all, 'Y-you're not yourself. You're the one who killed the angel,' a-a-and, she was all, '♪ Whatever it takes ♪'"

I collected all the information I was told before backtracking, "And then what was the last thing?" I tried to recall.

The creature repeated, "She killed the angel?"

My smile widened at the recollection, "Interesting. Lets keep this between us," the static in my voice grew heavier, and my smile seemed to grow briefly, "Shall we?"

"You got it, boss!" The creature promised, completely unfazed as it saluted back.

The creature joined the others, and I thought momentarily as they dug through the trash. Hm. ...I guess they've proved their worth. I suppose they'll keep their lives... for now.

I started walking, my microphone hitting the ground, and slightly paused. "Come on," I said as I waited, not looking back as I heard the creatures clambering.

"Comin', boss!" I heard as they gathered behind me. As I was about to continue walking, my ear flickered back, and the lift dinged.

I thought everybody left.

I turned around to see just who it was. The doors opened, but nobody walked out. Instead, there on the floor of the lift was... Amelia? She was on the floor, sitting there, her microphone beside her. And she was clutching her chest with a pained expression. But still keeping a smile.

"...Amelia?" I asked in unbelief. What is happening? My mind questioned as I looked at her; there was no movement.

I looked at her for a bit until finally, her head moved, looking up at me. "Hello... Alastor," I stared in complete horror.

Her right eye was normal like it usually was, but her left eye... I don't even know. There was this black substance dripping from it, the whole eye covered in complete darkness. And the purple tips on the left side of her hair were black, dripping with the same substance.

She passed out.

I let go of my microphone as it disappeared and rushed over to her. "Amelia?" I questioned, but there was no response. I lightly shook her head, no response. "Amelia??" I asked, worried more. Then, I felt something fall on my face. Something salty and warm, I pulled my finger to my face to feel it. A tear. "Amelia?!" She's not dead. Right? I checked her pulse, which is probably the first thing I should have done. As I sighed, "You're alive."

I picked her up, carrying her bridal style. "Is she okay, boss?" One of the creatures behind me asked as I walked toward the hotel.

A small smile replaced my usual one as I looked back down at her, "Yes, she's okay."

How come it's always me who has to help you? I asked, looking back down at the demon in my arms.

The rest of the walk was quick; it's not far from here to the hotel. The only bothersome thing was the constant questions from the little creatures behind me. I think I'd gotten used to that by now.

Soon enough, I'd arrived at the hotel, walking, and everyone turned in my direction. Vaggie was the first to approach me as I involuntarily angeled my hand to cover Amelia's left side of her face.

"ALASTOR! What the hell did you do?!" She nearly screamed as the others joined her to see, except for Husk, who stayed at the bar. And Nifty, who was most likely still cleaning.

"Ah," Angel eyed Amelia suspiciously, pointing at her, "Is she gonna be... alive?" He asked curiously.

"Oh my gosh! What happened??" Charlie asked nervously.

"What'ssssss with all the commotion?" Sir Pentious asked before he looked at Amelia, suddenly realizing, "Oh," He backed away slightly.

I continued to be bombarded with questions left in right before I silenced them, "Everyone," my voice covered in static, as everyone backed off, "Amelia is fine; she's alive. I found her like this; I will just put her in her room. Now, if you'd allow me." Vaggie sighed as she moved out of the way, and I approached the stairs, "By the way, I... didn't destroy those egg creatures; they proved quite useful."

I continued up the stairs and made my way towards Amelia's room. Opening the door and walking in, placing Amelia in her bed.

"What are you doing, Alastor?" I heard a voice ask from behind me, my shadow.

I continued to get her comfortable as I answered, "Putting Amelia away, I think that's pretty clear."

"No, you know that's not what I meant. This is your chance, your chance to kill her. Eliminate any more problems." My shadow said, laying its hand on my shoulder. "Do it."

"No, and no more questions," I said as I snapped my finger, forcing my shadow to disappear.

There's no way I'd kill her. She may be my end. Probably will be, but I... I can't bring myself to harm her. Maybe it's the weird connection between us... no, it's not. It's more than that; I know it, too. I just...

I sighed as I finished putting her on the covers of her bed. I unconsciously touched my face. I actually cried. I haven't done that in a long time.

I looked back at her as I caressed her face. "It seems that somehow, just somehow, you've managed to steal my heart, Amelia," I admitted as I left the room, closing the door as I walked away to mine.