Chapter - 6

Jin came to drop both of them off. As soon as Eunha hopped out of the car, she said,

"Eomma, can I go and play at Mija's house? I will finish my homework in the evening."

"Araso. But come back soon."

She waved a bye to Jin and ran towards their next door neighbor's house.

Jin turned towards Hyejin.

"Hyejin-ssi, you should rest now. I'll call you later."

He was about to go but he felt a slight tug and saw Hyejin was holding the little corner of his shirt.

"Can you.. Stay with me right now.. Please..?"

She said in a small voice.

Jin smiled thinking how fast she changed from mom Hyejin to baby Hyejin.

He freed the shirt from her hand and instead slipped his own hand into hers.

"Come on"

They came inside the house and Hyejin took him straight to her room.

She sat on the bed while Jin stood near her, waiting for her to say something. He saw Hyejin staring at their hands.

"Uh.. Sorry if you feel uncomfortable, I.."

"Aani. In fact, I feel like I never want to let it go."

She said directly looking into his eyes.

Jin tightened his grip on her hand.
"Then don't"

Hyejin kept looking at him with moist eyes, a turmoil of emotions flowing inside her. Then suddenly out of nowhere, she asked,

"Seokjin-ssi.. Can you take all my pain away?"

"Of course, that's what I'm here for."

"I heard that.. Your hug.. Eases out the pain. I am hurting so much right now. Can you please.."

Before she could finish, Jin pulled her up and took her in his big warm embrace.

"You don't need to stack everything in. It's just me here. Let it out."

Hyejin hid her face in his chest and burst out into loud sobs. She was trembling, but Jin held her petite figure securely in his broad arms.

She started hiccuping, and Jin could hear she was taking long breaths, as if gasping for air. He immediately broke the hug and looked at her with worry.

"Hyejin-ssi.. Are you not able to breathe?"

She placed her hand on the chest and winced in pain.

"Is your chest hurting?"

She managed a nod and Jin understood she was having another panic attack. He made her sit on the bed and held her hand.

"Just do as I say, okay? Take deep breaths in and out with me. Very slowly. In.. Hold it in.. Now out.. Again.."

Hyejin started inhaling and exhaling with him like he showed.

"Ok now close your eyes. And think about something that makes you happy. Just focus on that. And continue taking deep breaths. I am sitting right here with you. Nothing will happen. You'll be fine. Okay?"

He was constantly rubbing the back of her hand. After some time, Hyejin's breathing seemed to get calmer and she slowly opened her eyes. Jin was looking at her, worry written all over his face.

"You're feeling a little better?"

She nodded meekly.

"You should take your medicine now. But.. Have you eaten anything since morning?"