Chapter - 14

"What the hell... Hyung, what's wrong with you? What was that for?"
Yoongi fired back at Jin.

"I should be asking that, what is wrong with YOU?"

He again held onto Yoongi's collars, but this time his expressions changed from anger to pain. He looked at his younger brother with watery eyes.

"Why did you do that.. Yoongi-ya.."

Hyejin was completely horror stricken, but she managed to take a few steps towards them and kept her hand on Jin's arm.

"Jin-ah... What is going on...?"

"Ask that to your best friend."

She looked at Yoongi with worry.
"Do you know what's going on? Someone please tell me."

Yoongi freed his collars from Jin's hold, not breaking the eye contact with him.

"I think I have an idea. Hyung, did you get any call from.."

"Yes. I got that call. Now you tell me, what he said, was it true?"

At that very moment Yoongi broke the eye contact, and looked down. But he didn't say anything. Jin was getting restless.

"Yaa Yoongi-ya, I asked you something. Don't test my patience."

Still no response.

"TELL ME THIS INSTANT, IS IT TRUE OR NOT?"

Jin shouted so loudly that Hyejin clutched on his arm more tightly.

"YES. Yes It's true. Happy now?"
Yoongi snapped, still not looking Jin in the eye.

"Happy? You're seriously asking me that? How can I be happy???"

Yoongi finally found the courage to look up and meet his hyung's eyes. He was trying very hard not to break down.

"Hyung..."

He said that with such a pain-filled voice, that a few tears escaped Jin's eyes, but he quickly wiped them off.

"You call me hyung, but do you even see me as an older brother?"

"Of course hyung.."

"Then why the hell didn't you tell me.. Yoongi-ya.. Why.."

Yoongi took stumbling steps towards Jin and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Hyung, just hear me out once.."

But Jin jerked away his hand.

"You know what, I just.. Need to be alone right now.."

Jin started advancing towards his car, not looking back. Yoongi tried to stop him, but in vain. Hyejin, who was standing like a statue all this while, came to her senses when she saw Jin leaving. She outran him and came and stood in front of him.

"Jin-ah.. I don't know what it is, but.. I know we can clear everything by talking.. Please.."

"There's nothing left to talk, Hyejin-ah."

"But.. I don't understand.. What happened suddenly that made you so angry?"

"You want to know what happened? That dumb friend of yours.. He tried to.. Take his own life.."

Hyejin froze, her eyes bulging out and mouth getting dry. She fumbled over her words.

"What..? Why..?"

"Yeah, so go ask your bestie. Maybe he'll tell you why. Because clearly he didn't want to tell me."

Then Jin walked past her and drove off in his car. Hyejin was still standing there, his words not sinking in. Her eyes traveled to where Yoongi was sitting, staring at the ground. She trotted towards him, and by the time she reached, her eyes had already started spilling big fat tears.