Chapter - 15

Jin knocked on Yoongi's room door. But there was no response. He sighed and opened the door as it wasn't locked. Yoongi was sitting on the bed, gazing out of the window.

"Yoongi-ya..."

He turned hearing Jin's voice, and gave a slight smile.

"Jin hyung, when did you come?"

"I knocked but you didn't reply."

"Oh is it? I was lost in some thoughts.."

Jin went inside and sat down beside him.

"And I have come to talk to you about those thoughts."

"Hyung, you remember how we used to race in that park? And you always lost."

Jin nodded, smiling.

"Yeah, because you were so good."

"Aani. I wasn't that good. I used to win only because you let me."

"No Yoongi, you won because you were good."

"You think I don't know this hyung? You always did that. You intentionally let me win to boost my confidence."

Jin let out an awkward laugh.
"I guess I got caught."

"And that's what you did that day. You made me believe that I'm good enough to keep going."

"Which day?"

"Hyejin noona told you right, you had called just when I was about to.."

"Yeah..that.."

"Do you remember what you had told me?"

"Um.. Not exactly. I just remember we had a very deep and long conversation. And I loved it."

"But I remember the exact words, because hyung, those words literally saved my life."

Yoongi looked at Jin with moist eyes, and started telling him about the night that gave him a second chance at life.

1 year ago, that night:

Yoongi was sitting on the railing of the terrace, his legs dangling in the air. He glanced down at the miniature world beneath, and then looked up at the sky. His mind was in one hell of chaos right now, with so many different voices ringing inside.

'Mr. Kim, why are you letting your younger son drop from medical school and pursue music? Nothing will turn out of this.'

'They spent so much on his university fees and everything, now if he's not able to achieve anything, with what face he'll come home.'

'You see he'll come back in a few months and then mooch off his older brother, without any job or anything.'

'I feel bad for Mr. and Mrs. Kim, one son is so intelligent and well settled, and look at the other one. Left college in the middle and now he's probably one of the millions of strugglers out there, who gets nothing in return.'

Yoongi pressed his palms on his ears and shouted on top of his lungs.

"Stop! Just stop."

He again looked down, his heart beating faster than ever.

"Enough is enough. I can't take this anymore. This needs to end now.."

Saying that he closed his eyes, and was about to let himself go, when his phone rang. He stopped, because he knew from the ringtone who it was. He had kept different ringtones for his closed ones.

Very slowly he opened his eyes to see the screen flashing 'Jin hyung'.

"I guess I can say a final goodbye.. And sorry.."