Chapter - 11

Hyejin and Taehyung had started their return journey at night. Tae was driving and Hyejin was looking out of the window, humming a song. She was in a really good mood.

"I enjoyed it so much. Meeting and spending time with everyone after so long."

Tae smiled.

"Btw Noona, there's something I want to ask you. And since it's just the two of us right now, this is a great time for that."

"Yes?"

"Um.. Firstly, I know you and Seokjin hyung are dating."

She looked at him with shock.

"How did you know?"

"Come on noona, you both are not at all subtle. I already had a hunch as it is, and this morning I saw that sneaky little peck he gave you."

Hyejin blushed remembering that and smiled. Then Tae continued.

"Anyway what I'm saying is that, I'm really happy for you.. But.."

"But what.. Wait.. Are you feeling heartbroken and betrayed because your noona stole your man crush?"

Hyejin laughed, teasing him and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously noona? You're still stuck up on that? I told you there's nothing like that. I am as straight as a line drawn with a ruler."

"Araso araso, I was just pulling your leg. Go on."

Taehyung sighed.

"You know I'm the happiest person to know that the person you chose is Seokjin hyung. But, at the end of the day, you're the one I'm worried about the most. So I just want to hear this from you, you're sure about your feelings for him right?"

Hyejin was not expecting this and her smile was vanishing slowly.

"Why are you asking such a question? Of course I'm sure. Do you think I'm not mature enough to know for myself? If you're worried that history will repeat itself, then don't worry. Jinnie is not like him. Not at all."

Her voice sounded angry and Tae immediately caught it.

"No you're getting me wrong. I know hyung is not like that jerk. What I meant was that.. Um.. How do I put it? Ok see, you started developing feelings for him because he was able to heal you right?"

"Yes.."

"Then does that mean, if you had gone to another doctor, you would have fallen for him as well?"

She didn't reply but let out a long sigh.

"Noona, I know this was a very harsh question. But trust me I only want to make sure that you won't get hurt afterwards..."

Then she smiled and patted his head.

"I know Taehyung-ah. I know you worry about me so much. And I don't appreciate it sometimes. So I will right now. Thank you for being the best brother to me, and the best samchon to Eunha. You know I love you right?"

"Of course noona.."

"Good. So now I'll answer your question. I can't say for sure whether I would have fallen for another doctor too or not. And that's also true that I fell for Seokjinnie because he gave me that comfort I was searching for. But that's not the only thing. Do you think some other doctor would've also taken an interest and cared about my daughter too? Would he have seen me as a mother and a woman and not just as a patient? Probably not. But Jinnie did. It's true that he's a fantastic doctor, but through all this I saw that he is an even more wonderful human being. Yes, his prescribed medicines worked a lot, but the majority of my pain was healed by my Jinnie and not by Dr. Kim Seokjin. In fact, when I opened up to him about everything, I didn't even remember that he was a doctor and we were in a session. And now It's like I don't need those medicines to get better, I just need him. He's my living antidepressant. So, to conclude, I would've fallen for him even if he wasn't my doctor. That's how sure I am about my feelings for him. I hope it answers all your worries."