Chapter 2 - Tamara

Dear Diary,

Today school was the same.

Talia bullied me today, forcing up my thoughts of not wanting to be here.

I did it today. I haven't done it in a few weeks, but after the interaction with Talia, it pushed me over the edge. It made me feel so good, and I could relax. I wanted to tell Angela and Nyla but they would never help a girl like me.

I saw Tim look at me, I still don't know why he was looking at me. It's extremely hard to work out what he is thinking.

Remember, Tim is a fantasy! You can never end up with a fantasy, plus I'm definitely not his type. There's no way that I was or would be his type.

I want tomorrow to be good, but I know that is definitely not going to be the case. None of my friends can help me, because they don't even know. I mean Tamara has picked up on my mood and I know she can tell something is wrong but I just can't tell her.

Nobody can know anything.

Nobody!

- Lucy

Lucy sits in her room ponding about everything in her life, knowing she should ask for help but she cannot. Her phone pings, she looks at it to see it's Tamara.

Text messages

Tamara: Hey, just wanting to see how you are going.

Lucy: I'm good, what about you?

Tamara: Good, wanna come over?

Lucy: I want to but my parents would never let me.

Tamara: Oh okay, see you tomorrow.

Lucy: See ya.

Lucy puts her phone down and her parents walks into her room. She was always annoyed that they would come in without letting her know, but she can't do anything

Lm: "What are you doing?"

Lucy: "Just texting my friend."

Ld: "Well you know what time it is, don't you?" Lucy was in pure fear. Her mum left the room, leaving her alone with her dad. He stormed over to her pushing her against the wall, she braced herself for what he was going to do. He wrapped both hands around her neck and strangled her, she passes out. He left her room.

In the morning, Lucy woke up in pain. Her throat hurts so much. She looked in the mirror and sure the bruise around her neck, she rushed to cover it up with make, once done she grabbed her diary, this was her comfort and she was able to express her feelings.

Dear Diary,

This is a short entry right now.

So my dad strangled me last night, to the point where I passed out. It has bruised so much that I had to use make up to cover the bruise. I can't even talk, this is going to be the worst day ever.

I'm so going to get bullied today.

- Lucy

She got ready and went to school. She met up with her friends at the school entrance.

Jackson: "Hey." All Lucy could do is smile in acknowledgement.

Tamara and Bailey took Lucy aside away from the crowded area.

Bailey: "Luce, what's going on?

Lucy: "...

Tamara pulled her phone out.

Tamara: Luce, why aren't you talking?

Lucy: My throat hurts so much, I can't talk.

Lucy: Could you come with me on a walk Tam?

Tamara: "Bailey, is it okay if Lucy and I go on a walk?"

Bailey: "Yeah sure. I hope you are okay, tell me when you're ready. Okay?" Lucy nods and they part ways. Tamara used her phone to communicate with Lucy.

Tamara: Ok, it's just you and me. What's going on?

Lucy: Promise you won't tell anyone.

Tamara: Okay?

Lucy: I'll show you.

Lucy pulled a makeup wipe out and removed the makeup around her neck to reveal the bruise around her neck.

Tamara: "Omg, Lucy. Who?"

Lucy: My parents, they abused me on the regular. But you can't tell anyone because they will kill me and then will come after you.

Tamara: Okay, I'll stay quiet but I'm transferring into your classes so you not alone.

Lucy: Ok, thanks. One more thing, Talia does tend to bully.

Tamara: Oh Lucy, you can trust me. I won't do anything you don't want me to.

Lucy smiles at Tamara.

Tamara: "Come here, I'll cover the bruise for you." After they were finished, they walked to the admin office. Tamara spoke to the staff and got transferred. They were heading to class when Lucy saw Talia.

Talia: "Oh if it ain't fatty. I feel bad for her, having to hang out with you, just feeling bad for you."

Tamara: "Oh shut the fuck up Talia, no one cares what you have to say. Plus this is my best friend, now shouldn't you be in class or should I tell the principal." Talia ran to class. Tamara spent the day by Lucy's side.

At lunch, Tim looked over to see Lucy. But he saw a change in her mood from the day before. He wanted to leave the group but Talia held him back, he never wanted to be in the popular group but he was forced to.

The rest of the week Tamara and Lucy hang out together, Tamara was taking care of Lucy.