Chapter 14 - Moving

Tim: "Lucy had a rough night."

Angela: "I'm so sorry Luce." Lucy kept her hold on Tim. They arrive at school and get out of the car, Lucy grabs a hold on Tim's hand walking close to him. They get to the group, all talking but Lucy remained quiet.

Lucy hated having to leave Tim and go back home to her parents but she knew that she had no other chose at the moment.

Over the next few years, Tim and Lucy both endured their share of abuse from their parents. They would constantly remind each other about when they turn 16, they would text each other making sure the other was okay. The others knew about Lucy's abuse, but they didn't know about Tim's and Lucy promised him that she wouldn't tell anyone without his permission. Everyone got jobs, Tim and Lucy were using the money to save for them to move out.

It was a week after Lucy's 16th birthday. Tim found a place close to their friends but also away from their parents. Lucy and Tim met just past Lucy's house.

Tim: "Baby, I found a place for us. It's close to all our friends and away from our parents. If you still want to?"

Lucy: "Really, of course I want to move in with you." They kiss each other.

Tim: "This weekend we'll move in, okay?"

Lucy: "Okay babe."

The week went by quick and it was now the weekend. Lucy and Tim didn't tell their friends about them moving out or anything. They packed up all their belongings, left a note for their parents and then Tim drove them to their new place.

Tim: "I'm sorry that it's just a small apartment."

Lucy: "It's okay, it's a start for us then later down the track we can move." They set everything up and then went to set the bedrooms up.

Lucy: "Babe?"

Tim: "Yeah."

Lucy: "Could we share a room? You're my safe place."

Tim: "Only if you're comfortable with it." She nods and they set their bedroom up. Once everything was set up, they flop onto the bed cuddling each other. They both breathe a sigh of relief.

Tim: "How about we do a diary entry, we haven't done it in ages." Lucy nods.

Dear Diary,

We did it!

We survived the last three years of abuse. Now we are both 16, we are free. Living together is going to be amazing, we're even sharing a bed. We want to settle into our place before telling our friends about it.

The only thing I'm scared of is that I'm gonna disappoint Tim, with sleeping together. I'm scared after being raped if I'm ever going to be able to have sex.

I'm know Lucy is scared, but she could never disappoint me. I'm not going to rush her into anything that makes her uncomfortable. Just because we're dating doesn't mean that we have to have sex right away.

We're ready to start the next chapter of our lives.

This is going to be our last diary entry for a while.

- Lucy and Tim 

They lay there for a bit then fell asleep. The next day, they went to school like normal.