Chapter 3 - Talia the Bully

Dear Diary,

It's the start of the second week of school.

Tamara has been really helpful, checking up on me all the time. She helps cover my bruises, plus it's awesome having her in my classes at school as we help each other with the work.

Talia still bullies me, but it helps having Tamara with me as Talia gets scared by Tamara.

My parents have started hitting me of the night, they gag me so I don't make a sound.

-Lucy

They arrive at school like always, they have to go to their lockers and get something. Talia sees them and starts bullying Lucy.

Talia: "I swear that you are just getting fatter as the days go on. You seriously needs to lose weight if you want to get a boyfriend."

Tamara: "She ain't fat, you just talking shit." These two go back and forth while Lucy is frozen in fear, Tamara knew that Lucy wasn't okay. Talia stormed off.

Tamara turns to Lucy to comfort her, they talk and Tamara has managed to settle Lucy down. What they didn't know was they weren't alone.

Angela: "Oh my god. We're friends with that."

Wesley: "I know, that's horrible."

Angela: "I'm going to report it, then we have to tell the others about this." They left and told the principal. They principal spoke with Talia and told her that she was suspended. The principal walked to Lucy's class.

Principal: "Excuse me, could Lucy Chen please come with me." Lucy was scared and didn't want to go, she grabbed Tamara's hand. Tamara and Lucy walk out of the classroom.

Principal: "Tamara, go back to class."

Tamara: "No, I'm coming." They get to the office and sits down.

Principal: "I want to let you know, one of your friends came to me and report Talia for bullying you. She is suspend and will be expelled if she does it again." Lucy looks at Tamara with confusion.

Tamara: "Who was it?"

Principal: "Someone that wants to talk to you both, but is a bit nervous to. At the moment they want to be anonymous, but they will come and tell you or I'll tell you when they are ready." They were both shocked and confused. They were walking back to class, when Lucy texted Tamara as her voice isn't 100%.

Lucy: Who could it be?

Tamara: I don't know, they clearly care about you. But I never told the others, so I doubt that it's one of them.

Lucy: It's scary not knowing.

They were back in class and then it's now lunch. 

Angela beelined it to hurt group of friends, with Wesley closely behind her.

Angela: "Nyla, James, Tim ... we need to talk."

Tim: "What's up?"

Wesley: "Not here." They went outside to a quiet hidden place from other students.

James: "Okay, now your scaring me, what's going on?"

Wesley: "We're friends with a bully!"

Nyla: "What?"

Angela: "We witnessed Talia bullying someone. It was really harsh and made me sick to my stomach."

Tim: "Okay? How bad was it?"

Wesley: "She was bullying this person about their weight and how they need to lose weight. When this person isn't actually fat. She wouldn't even use the person's name."

Nyla: "Oh my, now that's not cool."

James: "Who's the person?"

Angela: "They don't know I reported Talia yet. I'm going over there to tell them."

Tim: "Can we know who it is?"

Angela: "Ok, I'll tell you but if you guys go near them without talking to me you're dead. We can't overwhelm the person."

Everyone: "Okay."

Angela: "It's Lucy." Tim was taken back by this.

Tim: "What? She was bullying Lucy. Lucy is a beautiful girl, that doesn't need to lose weight." Tim was made that this happened without him knowing.

James: "Woah Tim, you have never reacted like this ever."

Angela: "You like her don't you?"

Tim (sighs): "I want to get to know her, she's different to all the other girls. There's something unique about her, I've been meaning to talk to her for a week now."

Nyla: "Woah Tim. Give it a week or two then approach her." Tim nods.

Angela: "Nyla, you want to come with and we'll tell her." Nyla and Angela walks away leaving the guys. The went inside and found Lucy.

Nyla: "Hi Lucy, could we talk with you?" Lucy nods and then looks back.

Angela: "Tamara, you can come too." They all walk away, Angela leads them to an empty classroom.

Tamara: "What's this about? We don't have anything you would want." Tamara is protective of Lucy because of everything, she isn't going to let anyone at school hurt her again.

Nyla: "It's nothing bad, we promise. We have something to tell you." They look at Lucy waiting to respond but get nothing.

Nyla: "If you don't want to talk, we can leave if you want." Lucy turns to Tamara.

Tamara: "Hang on, here take this." She passes her phone to Nyla, they were both confused.

Angela: "What ... is ..."

Tamara: "Lucy can't talk right now, here's how she can communicate with you guys." 

Lucy: What would you like to tell me?

Angela: "Lucy, I want to say, I'm sorry about how Talia has been treating you. Seeing how she was and seeing your body language, I couldn't take it. I went and reported her to the principal. I'm sorry if I overstepped." The silence lingered as Lucy took in what Angela has said. 

Lucy walked over to Angela, looked her in the eyes before giving her a hug.