Chapter 8 - Tim's truth

School had finally finished. Tamara and Lucy were heading to their lockers, when Lucy sure Tim standing there waiting for her. He caught a glimpse of her, then turned to look at her. She walked faster and then ran up to him, she jumped into his arms. Wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

Tim: "Hey Luce." She is beaming off the walls.

Lucy: "Hey Tim, I missed you."

Tim: "I missed you too. You ready to leave and hang out at the park."

Lucy: "Mhm." She grabbed her stuff and they walked out meeting the others outside.

They headed to the park, Lucy's legs started to hurt. She stopped.

Angela: "You okay?"

Lucy: "My legs are just hurting. I'll keep going." She got up and started to walk but Tim stopped her.

Tim: "Come on, hop up." She smiles, as she got on his back. They walked while Tim carried Lucy. After 3 minutest they are at the park.

James: "Ok, what do you guys want want to eat?"

Everyone except Lucy: "Ice - cream!" Lucy has never had ice-cream before.

Lucy: "What's ice-cream?" Everyone turns to her.

Lucy: "What? I have never had ice-cream before."

Tamara: "It's amazing you have to try it."

Nyla (to James): "Get a small cup of ice-cream for Lucy." He nods.

Tim: "Luce, how about we sit down and make a list of things you have never tried before. We can do them after school and on the weekends. It'll be like a bucket list."

Lucy: "Okay, sounds like fun." Everyone sits down and Lucy sits on Tim's lap.

Tamara: "We found Lucy's safe place."

Angela: "Yeah, it's so true. Luce is liking this, you can tell."

Lucy: "Nooo, I don't like this at all." She pauses and then continues.

Lucy: "I'm actually loving this." Wesley remembered something.

Wesley: "Shit."

Angela: "Babe, what's wrong?"

Wesley: "Talia's supposed to be back tomorrow." Everyone's expression dropped.

Tim: "Okay, we need someone to be with Luce the entire time. I'm sorry Luce, but we are going to be glued to you. And every chance we get, you're going to be attached at my hip or sitting on my lap. No way she is going to hurt you again."

Lucy: "Thanks, I love the second part of your idea, it sounds amazing." Tim cuddles her. They talk until James come back with ice-cream. He passes out everyones ice-cream.

Angela: "Now Luce, don't eat it too fast otherwise you're gonna get a brain freeze." Lucy nods. Everyone is enjoy their ice-cream, Lucy takes a small piece a tries it. She eats the rest of hers.

Lucy: "That is actually delicious."

Tim: "Here, try a bit of mine." He gives her a little bit.

Lucy: "Man, I missed out on so much."

Angela: "We're starting to get you up to speed with everything."  They get chatting when, Tamara walks off and comes back with her boyfriend.

Tamara: "Guys, this is my boyfriend Noah." Everyone greets him. They start talking and Lucy is snuggled up to Tim, with her head resting on his chest.

Noah: "Does anyone want to play ball?"

All the guys: "Yess!" The guys got up and Tim looked down at Lucy.

Tim: "Luce, is it okay if I go play ball with the guys?" She nods, he gives her a kiss and a hug then sits her on the ground. The guys play while the girls chat, Lucy couldn't keep her eyes off of Tim.

Nyla: "You must really like him."

Lucy: "What?"

Tamara: "Girl, you haven't taken your eyes off of Tim since he left you here."

Lucy: "Yeah, I still can't believe that I'm dating him."

Angela: "He has had his eyes on you for a few a bit of time, I so happy to see him happy."

Nyla: "Yeah, he was always depressed at school, but you have changed his mood for the better."

Lucy: "Mmm." They watch the guys place, Lucy noticed that Tim winched in pain at one stage but continued to watch. The guys came back to the girls and offered to join in, of course Lucy hesitated. Tim told the others to go and play.

Tim: "Luce, are you okay? It seemed like you were unsure."

Lucy: "I have never be able to play sport, either I was injured with bruises or my parents told me I couldn't.

Tim: "Okay, if you want to try it you can. Just stay by my side and I'll show you." Lucy nods. Tim pulls her in and picks her up, hugging her.

Lucy: "Are you in pain?"

Tim: "What?"

Lucy: "It's just I saw you winch out there." Tim carries Lucy away from the others and sets her down.

Tim: "Ok, I didn't want to scare you away but if I tell you can't tell anyone." Lucy took a deep breathe and nodded. Tim lifted his shirt to reveal a number of bruises, Lucy's eyes dropped and scanned over his body. She gently ran her hands over them and was too stunned to speak.

Tim: "My dad ...  he tunes me up on the regular. I'm sorry, I don't want to scare you away." Lucy grabs his hands.

Lucy: "I'm not going anywhere. But you carry me around, do I hurt you?"

Tim: "No you don't. You'll never hurt me. I carry you because the warm helps make them feel better." Lucy help guide his shirt down to cover the bruises. She moves away from him and lifts her shirt up to reveal her bruises. Tim runs his hands over the bruises before you let her shirt roll down, pulling her in for a hug.

Tim: "I guess we both have the 'best' parents ever."

Lucy: "Yeah we 'totally' do, but we now have each other."