Chapter 4 - Angela and Nyla

Angela wraps her arms around Lucy.

Lucy (quietly, in a whisper): "Thank ... you." Angela looks up at Tamara.

Tamara: "Thanks for that, but why did you do it? She is your friend. Also who else knows?"

Angela: "Was, she was my friend. Our boyfriends and Tim are the only ones and I told them not to say anything. I cannot handle watching how she bullied Lucy. She is so twisted, Lucy is absolutely hot and stunning. If I didn't have a boyfriend, I would so date Lucy."

Lucy (quietly, in a whisper): "I ... wouldn't ... date ... me." Angela was confused and looks down at Lucy, she pulls away and slightly lifts Lucy's chin. Angela could see fear and how scared Lucy was.

Angela: "Everything okay?" Angela wipes a tear from Lucy's face which Lucy flinches at. Lucy turns away and looks over at Tamara.

Tamara: "You can tell them if you want, it's up to you."

Nyla: "Tell us what?"

Lucy (quietly): "My ... parents ... hurt ... me." Angela heard perfectly what Lucy said, she brought Lucy back into an embrace.

Angela: "Lucy, have you told someone?" Lucy shook her head.

Tamara: "She can't, her parents will kill her."

Nyla: "Have they done anything?" Lucy nods her head. She pointed at her neck, Tamara knew what she was going on about. Tamara turned Lucy around to wipe the makeup off. 

Lucy then turned back to Angela and Nyla, they saw the bruise and their hearts dropped.

Nyla: "Oh my god, that's why you can't talk. It's too painfully for you." Lucy then pulled her diary out. Tamara gasped.

Angela: "What?"

Tamara: "That's her diary, she has never shown anyone it." Lucy looks at Angela holding her diary out for Angela.

Lucy: "Read it, if you want. I always like to write things down." 

Angela: "Are you sure?" Lucy just nods. Angela and Nyla reads through the diary.

Once they finish, they look at Lucy.

Nyla: "We're so sorry that's happening to you."

Angela: "Also, we want to be your friend and want to help you out."

Lucy: "Thanks, I wondered what it would be like to hang out with you."

Angela: "Come here, also we read the bit about Tim." Lucy got embarrassed.

Lucy: "Oh, umm -"

Angela: "It's okay. You didn't hear this from us but Tim does want to get to know you."

Nyla: "He's been wanting to do it for the past week. Then when Angela told us about you, he literally started seeing red and getting really mad." Lucy giggles at them, then she started feeling unwell.

Lucy: "I'm not feeling great. Can someone hold me and-" She passes out, Nyla bolted out of the room and got the nurse. The nurse came in, she checked over Lucy and as protocol she check her glucose levels. They were incredibly low.

Nurse: "How much does she eat?" They look through her bag and only saw the small snack, nothing else. The nurse had to move her shirt to check over her and saw how she is literally skin and bone.

Nyla: "What's wrong?"

Nurse: "There's evidence here that she hasn't being eating much for a long time. She is dangerously skinny for her age. I'll give her this to wake her." After a few minutes, Lucy slowly woke up and panicked. She was disoriented, and moving around until she felt two set of hands on her.

Tamara: "Luce, calm down please. You're okay; it's just Nyla, Angela and myself." Lucy received for any of the girls. Angela looks at Tamara before, she wrapped her arms around Lucy and pulled her onto her lap. Lucy instantly wrapped her arms around Angela.

Angela: "Your okay."

Nurse: "Lucy, when was the last time you had a proper meal?"

Lucy: "I lost track of that, it's probably like months ago."

Nurse: "Ok, I need to let your parents know about this." Lucy panicked.

Lucy: "No, please don't. I'll tell them at home." The nurse hesitated then agreed with her. The nurse left and Lucy was still on Angela lap, Lucy went to move but Angela pulled her back.

Lucy: "Could you let me go? I'll get off you now, so I don't hurt you."

Angela: "Your not hurting me, you can stay like this until you're ready." Lucy broke down.

Lucy (crying): "I'm sorry, I should've mentioned about the whole eating thing. I understand if you don't want to be friends with me then that's fine."

Nyla: "No way, we are always going to be here for you."

Angela: "But we do need you to start eating more."

Lucy: "My parents won't allow me to eat anything but this."

Tamara: "We'll bring extra food for you during school. On weekends, we will hang out at the mall, beach or the park."

Lucy: "Ok, I mean it would be nice to eat more. I'm always so hungry even though my body is use to it."

Angela: "We'll slowly increase your food intake, get your body use to the more food."

Lucy: "Okay." They all got up and left the classroom.