☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。Chapter 1 ☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。

(Y/N's POV)

Cracking open a soda can as I was playing on my gaming device. I lost track of what time it was from being focused on my game.

"Winner Winner, you have won."

Scoffing as I threw the device on the other side of the bed. 55 games I've played today and I still beat them all with ease. "Nothing is challenging anymore! I might buy that new game that came out..." I said to myself. Resting my hands behind my head, ready to close my eyes until a loud splash outside made me open them back up.

Jumping out of my bed and quickly putting on my shoes. I take a look outside my window to see something might have jumped in our backyard pool. "..Dang cat.." I open my bedroom door and quickly ran down the stairs.

Opening the back door and sprinting out fast near the edge of the pool. Whatever was down there must have been trying desperately to get out. Due to the water bubbles I could hardly see. Jumping into action I jump into the water.

Swimming down and grabbing whatever was down there. "Damn...this is one heavy animal." I held onto it tightly as I swam up to the up and placing the animal up first. Before climbing up myself. Letting air enter back into my lungs I heard... coughing? Not like an animal cough, like an actual human cough.

I look at the so called animal...it was blue... had on red shoes and white gloves...that's not something you see everyday.

I was wet and freezing so I knew I wasn't dreaming. Not wanting to panic to risk waking anyone up. I placed a hand on it's back...quills. It looked to be a hedgehog of some sort. I wonder where it came from.

"Hey, easy. You okay? Y'know swimming at night isn't the brightest thing." I tell the hedgehog as I began to ring out my PJs that were soaked in water. The hedgehog grunts before looking up at me with emerald eyes.

"Yeah, thanks a lot." He smirks at me which has taken me back. So it was a boy. "I had no idea you could talk... interesting. Then again there has been sighs of some animals talking. But I already guessed you aren't from around here are you?"

I said taking a step back and helping him up as well. His eyes never leaving mine. "Well, I can do a lot of things, and your right about that last part." He chuckles.

"Names (Y/N), you have a name, hedgehog?" I asked moving the two of us away from the pool. "Yeah, I have a name. My name is Sonic the hedgehog."

"Sonic huh? Cool name." I said grabbing some towels from the pool chair and walking back to him. He backs up a little. "Relax I won't hurt you." His face softens as he comes back closer. Placing the towel on his head and helping him dry off. "You are the first person here who has treated me nicely since I've strangely arrived."

I laughed a bit as I then began to dry myself off. "That's humans for you. They don't like things they can't understand." I said as he looked back up at me. "Well you saved me...and you don't seem to not like me." He said to me tilting his head.

"Eh, I have no reason too...I don't seem myself as a human sometimes. Anyway I should probably hide you before-"

"Whoa...is that a hedgehog!" That voice called out making me groan in irritation. "Great..." I hisses as I looked over at my cousin who was running over here.

"Who's this? A friend of yours." Sonic asked me, as he had grab my hand. "Nope... just my cousin." Chris eyes widen as he got closer. "Whoa! He can talk!" Chris said loudly making me cover his mouth.

"Mr. Chris! Ms. (Y/N)! It is late!" Mr. Tanaka yells out running over to us. When I turn around I saw that Sonic was gone. "Where did he-?" I felt Mr. Tanaka place his hand on my face as he looked around me. "Your soak! Did you fell in? Are you hurt!? How did this happen?!"