○ Chapter 1 ○ Yet I love him...

Yawn~

"Ohayo~" I greeted the world.

"Ohayo Yuriko-chan." A voice greeted.

"Hmm?" I yawned and glanced around to see who said that. Then, my eyes fell on him.

"Ai-kun!" I shouted in shock when I saw him sitting at a seat of a study desk.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while getting out of bed and walking towards him. I took a peek at the paper on the table. They were lyrics for a song. "A new song?"

"Yeah," he said. "I will be performing it with Quartet Night later at a concert."

"I see. Can I come?" I asked sweetly.

"Of course," he replied. "Why wouldn't I let you come? You've gone to all our concerts."

"Oh yeah, that's right," I laughed.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Ah, it's nothing. Oh right, do you remember what tomorrow is?" I asked and grinned.

"14 February. It's your birthday if I am not mistaken," he said.

I nodded happily, then continued, "It's also Valentines' Day."

"So?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I gulped. You can do this Yuriko! You've practiced many times in front of the mirror! You can do it!

"I was wondering if... you would like to go out with me tomorrow," I said in a nervous tone, Ai gave no response to the question. I panicked and continued, "As friends."

"Oh. Sorry I have work," he said. "I have a shoot tomorrow."

"Oh..." I said sadly and replied, "I will go prepare breakfast..."

"What's the matter?" he asked and put his hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and replied, "I was really hoping to spending my birthday with you..."

"Oh. Sorry, I never quite grasped the meanings of birthdays. What's the use of celebrating a day that only proves you will be one year older? It's like a waste of time and money," he replied and shrugged.

Ouch. That bit me hard. I felt a tear slipped down my cheek. Then another and another.

"What's wrong? I was only speaking the truth," Ai said when he noticed me crying.

I felt a strong urge in my heart. It was begging for closure and I gave it closure. I slapped Ai and pushed him out of my room roughly.

"You will never understand the happiness of friends and families celebrating together and feeling happy! You are a robot!" I shouted and slammed the door shut.

I felt better for a moment, but then I felt weird... Tears formed in my eyes.

Why? I don't understand.

My heart was aching. I clutched on my chest and kneeled down. Trying to ease the ache.

I was crushed and could hardly breathe.

My lungs burned as I tried desperately to cry and breathe normally.

Was it guilt?

I was burning up, then I heard a loud thud on the ground.

Was it Ai? Did he malfunction and 'faint'? Is it because of me?

I wanted to go and check on him, but I couldn't move.