○Chapter 16○ Profess- I mean, Papa

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR DELAYING FOR 2 WEEKS! I have been distracted with the progress of my 'on hold' books. I'm so sorry! For the past week I have been watching this minecraft series called 'Minecraft Diaries' and it took me a few days to finish Season 1. After watching it, I had gotten plans in my head to do a fanfiction on it and that's one of the 'on hold' works. There's a lot more though... Gahhh... I'm so sorry. Here's the new chapter!

---

YURIKO'S POV

I can't take this... Why does father want me to see him?

"Ai, did profess-, I mean papa, tell you why he called for me?" I asked. This was probably the 100th time I was asking him this.

"No," he replied again. I sighed.

I still don't understand... It has been years since I last saw him. What would he want from me now? I feel so nervous. It's been so long... I wonder if anything has changed about him.

The last memory I had of my father was when he introduced me to Ai. He used to have messy short brown hair and wore this pair of large round glasses.

"We are here," Ai said when the car stopped in front of our old home.

"Thanks Reiji for fetching us here," I told the driver. He smiled and replied, "No problem at all."

Ai and I got out of the car and headed straight to the front door. I glanced at the place I once called home. My father told me through an email that he would be using the upstairs for his lab. I never gone up there though, he forbade me from doing so.

Ai took out the house key and unlocked the door. We walked in and the first thing I noticed was how dirty the house was. It has been some time since anyone lived here after all. My father probably sleeps in his lab as well. I never seen him come out after all.

"Hey Ai... Can I go to my room for a while?" I asked.

"All right, just be quick," Ai replied.

"I will," I replied and headed to my room. I opened the door slightly and peeped inside. Not much changed since the day I left. Well, besides the huge accumulation of dust. I walked in and switched the lights on. I glanced around, taking note of the changes. 

My bed was still neatly done with its pillows and a blanket. My closet half empty because the other half was at the other house. The study table that was once practically covered with music sheets of some music pieces I created and used by Ai when he was studying his songs was now cleared. I had the music sheets packed in a folder and brought to the other house. Other than that, the room practically looked exactly as how it did before.

"Yuriko, your father is waiting," Ai called out.

"C-Coming!" I replied back and ran out to him. Seeing my old room seemed to have made my heart calm down. He led me to a staircase that led up to a rather normal wooden door with a sign 'do not enter' hung on it.

Ai knocked on the door twice and a hoarse, deep voice told us to come in. Ai opened the door and the sight of the laboratory I have never seen before unraveled before me. There were tables with equipment, tubes everywhere, a few beds and cases.

I don't understand why, but I feel nostalgia when I see this place.

Seated at the corner of the room at a table full of papers scattered around was a man who I once called my father. His hair had grown longer and his glasses were slightly cracked. Besides that, I felt like nothing changed.

"Professor, I brought your daughter to see you," Ai said.

"Thank you so much Ai," my father replied. "Please step outside for a moment. I like to speak with my daughter."

Ai nodded and left. I gulped and walked towards my father.

"Hello Yuriko. How have you been?" He asked. "I heard you became an idol. Good job!"

"T-Thank you Profess-  I mean, Papa," I replied nervously. It has been so long since I talked to him.

"Ai told me you confessed to him," father teased.

I felt the heat rising up to my cheeks and I looked away. "Y-Yeah..."

"Good luck," father said. "He is a robot, so it will take some time before he warms up to you."

"T-Thank you. I know I can do it," I replied with gave a smile.

"Why don't you guys go on a date?" Father asked.

"E-Eh?" I shouted in shock.

"You guys haven't had a proper date yet, right?"

"Y-Yeah... But what if Shining finds out?" I asked. I cannot seem to imagine what Shining would do once he finds out.

"It's all right, he won't mind," father replied and winked.

"Okay then..."

"Ai. come in," father said and the cyan robot walked in. He stood next to me with a deadpanned look.

"Thanks so much for taking care of Yuriko in my place Ai, I just have been so busy. I haven't got the time to spend with you guys," father said with a solemn smile.

"It's all right papa," I replied.

"No problem professor," Ai replied at the same time as me.

"Why don't you take her for a date?" Father asked.

"Papa! Why would you ask such a question?" I asked frantically, obviously flustered over such a shameless question.

Oh god, why am I trying to act as if I am not... We already kissed... Oh no, the thought of it is making my heart beat fast.

The picture of Ai and me kissing flashed in my mind and to think it will be showed to the whole world in a movie.

"Sure," Ai replied.

"W-Wait what?" I shouted in disbelief. "Y-You are okay with it?"

"Why would I be against it? Going on a date means you will be able to teach me more about this topic on 'love', right?" Ai asked.

"Y-Yeah I guess..." I replied nervously.

But, I am scared to know what would happen when Shining finds out about this...