○Chapter 24○ The Prodigy

I was just a simple girl who loved to sing and dance. I loved my sister and thought we were inseparable. I often went for music competitions and was eventually scouted to become an idol. People called me a prodigy, but I was just doing what I loved. At least I thought I was until it got so hectic, I barely got any rest. Yes, I am Hisaki Yurine, the music prodigy.

My parents used me as a tool, all they cared was as long as I brought the money in.

I hated it, I no longer had time for my sister and she also seemed hurt by it. But, it got so busy that I was ignoring everything else and only had time to work. I could only sing, dance, record, model and act. Everything else seemed a blur. Just like a robot. Then, he came into my life.

"Yurine-chan! How are you?" Aine asked. Kisaragi Aine. He was my neighbour, a childhood friend and my junior in work. He started to talk with me during lunch, breaks or rather anytime I was free. Though, I usually slept during these periods. Honestly, he irritated me. But, it was also kind of comforting to hear him talk to me.

"..."

"Don't ignore me, Yuri-chan!" He wined. "Ah! I know! I challenge you! If I can make you laugh, sing for me."

He stopped talking to me when I became an idol and now he is talking to me again?

I sighed and nodded unconsciously. I guess I wanted something like that in my life. I needed it.

+++

He tried every day, but always failed. He was really stupid honestly. His attempts were usually puns, jokes or tickling me. Luckily, I had a high resistance for tickles.

They were really weird like...

(A/N: I know these are cheesy, but they make me feel grate XD.)

"What does a house wear? A dress."

"Why couldn't the bicycle stand on it's own? It was two-tired."

"I wasn't originally going to get a brain transplant, but then I changed my mind."

"I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction."

"Have you ever tried to eat a clock? It's very time consuming."

"I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me."

(A/N: Okay, I am done XD)

... and after a while, they got really lame.

+++

Then after about two weeks, he asked me out since I was finally given a day off. I was going to reject him, but Yumi heard us and made me accept.

"You have a day off on Sunday right? Let's go to the beach Yuriko-chan!" Aine asked. I shook my head, rejecting his offer. Yumi suddenly appeared and replied, "She would love to go. Yuri-nee needs a break and have some fun!"

I looked at her skeptically and sighed, "Sure..."

On that Sunday, Aine came over to pick me up, we got a ride from his friend since he has not gotten his license. I was wearing a white bikini under my jacket and shorts. I wore a cap as well with sunglasses to prevent fans from recognizing me. Aine was covering his face a bit too. It is not that bad though, I heard that the beach we were going was owned by Shining. The walk there was for public that was all.

When we got there, it was pretty warm so we headed straight to the seawater or at least Aine did. I was a little afraid...

"Come on over Yuriko-chan!" Aine called out to me. I was standing in the shade of my umbrella, protecting me from the sun.