○Chapter 15○ Birthdays

Yoohoo~ Alice here~! I like to thank everyone for all the support you have been giving this story! I managed to get 1st prize at Anime Watty Awards 2015! However, the other stories that I entered got tied again in 2nd place and 4th place so I do hope you can vote for me in Round 3 for my other stories! It would mean a lot to me.

More over about this chapter... Sigh, I really wanted to do this chapter on his actual birthday, but I guess it can't be helped :( Don't worry. The real plot of this story is coming soon *winks*

Let start~!

It's the 1st of March. For the past three days of my break, I have been spending it with Ai, whether it was for fun or just to watch him at work to pick up some things on my own, I spent them with Ai. I am also doing my best to teach him about Love, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I sighed.

"What's wrong Yuri-chan?" Miharu asked.

"Nothing at all," I replied.

Wait... 1st of March... Why do I feel like I am forgetting something?

"By the way, Yuri-chan I am surprised by your lack of reaction to today's date," Reiji said as if he read my thoughts.

"Today is...", I wondered and thought hard.

"It's Ai-Ai's birthday today," Reiji replied.

...

"WHAT?" I shouted in shocked.

"You didn't know?" Reiji asked.

"I forgot..."

"EH?!"

I have been spending so much time with him that my mind was completely blank about this topic. How could I have forgotten?! I used to fret so much when it came to his birthday and would make it the best I can to make him smile at least, but I failed for the past few years.

"But how could you have forgotten? Don't you have a crush on him?" Reiji asked and winked.

"EH?!" I asked in shocked, my blood rushing up to cheeks and I shook my head over and over again, denying it.

"Don't deny it, it's really obvious," Reiji replied and smiled.

"It-It is?" I asked and the rest of them started nodding.

"What?" I shouted.

"Don't worry, we won't tell Shining, but you better get Ai birthday preparations ready. Actually, speaking of him where is he?" Reiji asked.

"He went out and told me not to follow him for some reason. Aargh~ It makes me so frustrated to remember what he told me," I pouted.

"Don't follow me today," that was all he told me and left. Unfortunately, I was half asleep so I did not get to ask why.

"Why don't you get started with his birthday preparations?" Reiji asked.

"Oh right, I better buy some ingredients," I replied and rushed to my room for my wallet.

Time to make the birthday 'cake'.

+++

"Hmm, I think that's about it... Done!" I said playfully and placed the 'cake' in the fridge.

"Are you done with the cake Yuri-chan?" Miharu asked and walked into the kitchen.

"Yup, all that's left is the decorations..." I replied.

"Don't worry about those, the rest of us are putting those up!" Miharu replied.

"Thanks so much for your help!" I said and bowed.

"It's all right, after all. Ai is our senpai too!" Miharu replied. "Well, I better be going back to decorating, why don't you take a break? You have been working for the past hour or so."

"I shall... Thanks again," I replied and cleaned up the kitchen. It was in quite a mess so it took a while to clean. I decided to shower when I noticed some dirt from cooking on my clothes.

"I wonder when Ai will be back?" I asked myself as I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself with a towel. I changed into my denim shorts and a white shirt with a design of a cat on it.

Then, someone knocked on my door, I opened it and saw Miharu outside.

"Reiji called Ai, Ai will be home soon," Miharu said.

"All right, I will help out with setting up the room then," I replied.

+++

AI'S POV

It is 1st March. Today was the day I get my maintenance done from Professor Otsuka, Yuriko's Father.

"You are here Ai," professor said when I walked into his lab. "Yuriko did not follow you, right?"

"I made sure of it," I replied.

"Very good, anything new?" He asked and motioned me to lie on the bed.

"Yuriko is teaching me about love," I replied and a laid onto the bed.

"I see..." Professor replied. He mumbled something under his breath, the only word I could make out was 'Aine'

Aine was a famous idol and got tired of his life because of his hectic and busy schedule. He tried calling Reiji but he was busy at the moment because of his auditions. He thought of suicide and planned on drowning himself in the sea which ended as a failure since he was saved by his uncle (the professor). After his rescue, Aine is now in a coma and his uncle is currently taking care of him. In order to help Aine to wake up from his unconsciousness, his uncle decided to make a robot that looks exactly like him thus creating me.

Yuriko would probably be sad if I was gone after Aine regains conscious.

Wait, why am I feeling this ache in my chest?

"You are overheating Ai, please clear your thoughts," the professor said.

"Yes," I replied and shut myself down. Before shutting down completely, I heard the professor say, "Bring Yuriko here tomorrow."

+++

I walked back to the house and the first thing I realize was how noisy it was, but the sound immediately reduced to silence when I opened the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AI!"

Eh?

Everyone got out and Yuriko was in the middle holding a huge plate of marine jelly.

"It's my birthday?" I asked.

"Baka, It's 1st March, your birthday!"Yurtiko scolded. "Your's birthday cake!"

"This is jelly not cake," I corrected her.

"Well, I thought maybe you would prefer jelly over cake," she replied.

"I don't particularly hate it," I replied.

"I see... Well, here's a fork. Please try it. I made it myself," she said. I took the fork and took a bite.

"It's delicious," I replied and Yuriko's eyes beam.

"Yay! Thank god," she replied with a smile.

Seeing her smile makes my chest feel weird why? Why does my chest feel weird whenever I am with her?

"I ship Yuriko X Ai!" Miharu exclaimed. "AiKo!"

"Eh? Urusai  (shut up) Mi-chan," Yuriko said in a flustered manner.

"Yuriko," I called out to her.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Tomorrow we are visiting your father. He called for you," I told her. Her expression went blank.

"Eh?"