○Chapter 26○ Kokoro no Pain

"It's impossible. We lost her."

"Professor. Can't you do the same as you did with Yurine?"

"... It's not impossible... But, are you sure?"

"Yes and I will reset too."

+++

Five years later...

A black haired girl entered the academy doors. She seemed a little lost, looking around for ways to go, then she saw the signboard and a map.. She headed to the staffroom using the signs and knocked on the door.

"Excuse me," she called out and a teacher opened the door. It was a petite girl with short orange hair and golden hair. She was a little taller than the black haired girl.

"Um, I am Nanase Yurika. I am the new transfer student. I am kind of lost..." The black haired girl said.

"Yuriko-chan?" the teacher gasped in shock.

"Sorry, it's Yurika, not Yuriko, um," Yurika's eyes wandered to the nametag. "Nanami-sensei."

"Oh... Sorry... You just look so much like a friend of mine..." Nanami-sensei replied sadly. "What class and course are you in?

"It's okay..." Yurika sighed. "I am in S class and the idol and composer courses."

"Two courses? As expected of Yuriko- I mean um nevermind..." Nanami-sensei said. "First year S class is right down to hallway to the right."

"Um, I am in second year..." Yurika stated nervously.

"E-Eh? How old are you?" Nanami-sensei asked.

"I am sixteen," Yurika replied.

"Oh... Older than Yuriko before she disappeared..." Nanami-sensei muttered.

"I'm sorry?" Yurika asked. "What did you say?"

"Oh um... Nothing! Second-year S class is up the stairs on the right. Do you need help finding your dorm room too?" Nanami-sensei asked.

"Nope, it's fine," Yurika replied. "Thank you." She then left for class.

Nanami-sensei sighed and went back into the staffroom.

"Haruka-chan! Who was that?" Otoya, another teacher, asked.

"A new student who was lost," Nanami-sensei replied. "She looked like Yuriko..."

"Eh? But isn't that impossible? After all, she and Ai-senpai disappeared five years ago!" Otoya said.

"I'm not sure... Her name was Yurika," Nanami-sensei. Yuriko-chan...

"Anyway, if she was still alive, wouldn't she be much older and not attending school?" Syo who happened to be hearing the conversation asked. "Speaking of that, I got the class list of S Class second year." He passed it to Haruka and she opened it scanning down for Yurika's name.

"There it is! She really is in both courses!" Haruka exclaimed.

"Wait there's another transfer student... Dazai Aito... Doesn't that sound like Ai in a way?" Otoya asked.