○Chapter 25○ The Struggling

Kisaragi Aine was the number idol of Japan! Many loves him and his music is perfect! His dancing is unique and beautiful!

What lies. I should know after all I am Kisaragi Aine. The idol business was tough, especially being the junior to the Hisaki Yurine. I was always lagging behind her, struggling to keep up. I guess that is how we always were. Despite being the older one, I was always behind, chasing her back. I was titled as a nobody in the idol business because Yurine simply just outshone us all. I hated myself whenever the thought of hating Yurine crossed my mind, after all, she was my childhood friend. 

"Ai-nii!" It was Yurine's little sister, Yumi. She called me out in the evening after I finished work "Are you free now? I want to ask you something."

"Of course Yumi-chan. What is the question?" I asked with a smile.

"How do you feel about my onee-san?" She asked with this inoccent tone.

"Eh? Yurine-chan huh... You are pretty lucky aren't you Yumi-chan? You get such a talent girl as your older sister," I replied, avoiding the question. I could not possibly say how I felt about her, after all I myself do not know of my feelings.

"Yup! I heard she's your senior in work and I hope she wasn't troubling you much," she replied

"Of course not, if anything I would be the one troubling her," I stated, scratching the back of my head nervously.

"Well, she's been troubling me a bit..." Yumi sighed.

"How?" My eyes widen in shock, curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to know more.

"I think her job is stressing her, she no longer talks to me or smiles. It worries me," she continued.

"You are pretty mature for your age, aren't you Yumi-chan. Such a good sister, worrying about your older sister," I commented with a chuckle.

"Haha not at all, Ai-nii. I am just a little worried. Yuri-nee is still pretty young after all so I was wondering... Ai-nii... Could you do me a favor?"

"A favor? What would it be?" 

"Could you make Yuri-nee feel again?"

"Feel? You do know what you are saying right Yumi-chan? You can't just-"

"Please! I just want my sister to be happy!"

"But why me?"

"You have known Yuri-nee since you two were kids. You are the only guy I know that I can ask. Please!"

"...Fine. I will try" I was a little hesitant to accept it, but I decided why not?

+++

"Yurine-chan! How are you?" I asked. Yurine-chan was on her break so I thought that it was the perfect chance.

"..." She glanced at me, but remained silent.

"Don't ignore me, Yuri-chan!" I wined, I suppose I was desperate so I challenged her. "Ah! I know! I challenge you! If I can make you laugh, sing for me."

It was a foolish challenge, but I tried everyday, pestering her, telling her puns and jokes, even I found my puns lame.

Then, she finally got a break on the weekend from Shining and I took the chance to ask her out.

"You have a day off on Sunday right? Let's go to the beach Yurine-chan!" I asked. she shook my head, rejecting me. Then, Yumi suddenly appeared and replied for Yurine-chan, "She would love to go. Yuri-nee needs a break and have some fun!"