chapter²

the fire nation has arrived

a/n: i wanna give y/n freckles :)

remember to press the star and comment!

warning: violence, weapons, slight crying, harm, fighting,

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:41 AM. THE SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE

"don't tell me you're showing him our secret waterbending spot?" y/n asks with a laugh, coming out of her hiding spot. 

katara drops the water she was trying to bend and aang jumps up, not sensing the girl around him. 

"ugh!" katara whines. "you need to stop that!"

"i don't think i'm ever going to stop," y/n smiles as she waves to aang. "hi, i'm y/n,"

"hi! i'm aang," he smiles. "are you a waterbender like your sister?"

"i am," y/n can't help but smile. this kid is just so cute!

"and she's so much better than i am," katara mutters in annoyance. y/n sticks her tongue out at her baby sister, walking over to her and nudging her. 

"where are the other waterbenders?" aang asks with innocence in his eyes. "are they going to practice with you?"

katara and y/n look at each other before looking back at aang.

"we're the only waterbenders left in the village," katara says. "sokka doesn't like when we practice so we come and hid here because no on goes here. he's worried that the fire nation will find out and..."

"and what?"

"and kill us, aang," y/n says, looking at the boy. "we're the last waterbenders of this tribe because they've killed all the others,"

"sokka just doesn't understand," katara says. "we're warriors. we should be able to do more for our people,"

aang looks at the girls, nodding. 

"the monks told me that bending is about energy and balance," he starts, pushing his hands towards him. "by feeling the energy around you, you can find the balance. by finding the balance, you can feel the energy," aang pushes his hands towards a part of the abandoned fire nation ship, airbending the snow off it. 

katara looks over at y/n who nods at her. she can do this. the younger waterbender turns to the puddle, lifting her hands up. 

water follows her form, creating a small sphere. she holds it above her hands, with a smile on her face.