chapter¹⁸

master y/n

master y/n

warning: weapons

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

09:13 AM. NORTHERN WATER TRIBE

the fire nation soldiers stay on the look out. the air is cold and not what they're used to. 

one of the see appa grumbling through their telescope. 

"we're under attack!" he shouts, looking to rest of his unit. he rings the bell, appa getting low enough for aang to jump off him. 

the avatar airbends to the fire nation soldiers away, using his glider. he dodges every fire ball attack with ease. 

two fire nation soldiers go to attack aang, but the waterbending sisters, push water in their direction, making them hit the floor of the boat. 

y/n waterbends one off the boat, as katara and aang bend a solider off together. 

sokka looks around as he's on appa, his weapon in his hand. 

"y/n, katara, watch out!" he shouts from the skies. "there's a new group coming in starboard side," a fire nation solider falls into the icy water, due to appa letting him go. "aang, contain the soldiers at the front. i got some things to take care of. appa, yip yip!"

y/n waterbends, staying on the defence as aang and katara stay on the offence. 

they knock out the remaining soldiers that are on the top of the ship. they hear a growl, looking over at appa who's flying around the ship. 

"come on, let's go," y/n says. katara and aang jump onto a box, ready to jump onto appa as a fire nation soldiers comes out of nowhere. she blasts him with water, jumping from the ship and waterbending herself on appa, just after katara and aang does so. 

from the main body of the ship, sokka jumps out of one of the window's, landing on appa's tail. the ship starts to explode, the gaang flying away on appa. 

"nice job, troops," sokka says, making it onto appa's back. "those flame troupes aren't going anywhere,"

"thanks to your plan," katara smiles. 

"and our amazing teamwork," y/n says happily. "that's one ship down,"

"how many more to go?" aang asks. sokka breathes heavily, looking through the mist. there are hundreds of thousands of ships. fire nation ships. "you've got to be kidding me,"

💧

"just forget about engaging them at sea," sokka says to arnook, his family standing with him. "even with all your benders on all your boats, their numbers are just too great,"

"then we'll make our stand here," pakku says. 

"how far away are they?"

"they'll probarly be in range in an hour. two, tops,"

"we need to call the patrols home," arnook says to pakku. "shore up the defensive lines," he walks off, some other northern water tribe members, walking off with him. 

"thank you," pakku says, bowing his head at sokka.

aang turns around, looking at his family. 

"this is bad, isn't it?" he asks. y/n flexes her hands. 

"they mean business but so do we," sokka says, pointing his weapon out to the sea. "i'd say it's fifty-fifty," aang nods slowly as sokka falters. "sixty-four,"

"i have an idea. katara, come with me," y/n says a plan forming in her head. 

"where are you going?" sokka asks. 

"i think," katara says, looking at the determination in y/n's face. "we're about to even the odds,"

💧

the southern water tribe sisters run through the chaos as the fire nation have already launched their attack. fire balls are flying through the city. and it's not a pretty sight. 

"ice shields now!" pakku orders, the male waterbenders listening to their master. 

"we're here to help," katara says, y/n joining her side. 

"now, is not the time, katara," pakku says. "for the both of you,"

"are you joking?!" y/n fake laughs. "now, is exactly the time!"

"i thought i made myself cleear," pakku continues. "women are not allowed in combat,"

"and i thought my sister showed how stupid that is." katara shouts, standing infront of him. "forget your pride,"

"this is about the survival of the waterbenders, and you need all the help you can get," y/n says, looking at him straight in the eye. another fireball hits the wall, making everyone duck and protect their heads. "you know we can make a difference,"

"you two," pakku mocks.

"no. we," y/n says, pointing at the waterbenders who are women standing below them. mothers, grandmothers, sisters and daughters. "all they want is what you want," pakku looks out to them, shocked. "a chance to defend their home,"

"pakku," yagoda says, touching his arm. "what good is it relying on the past when it stops us from having a future," the master looks down, avoiding her gaze. "get-get over yourself, you old fool, and let us get the job done!"

"western side of the wall needs reinforcement," he says, looking up at her. katara smiles in relief, y/n putting an arm around her shoulder. "you can help them repair the damage and see if their warriors need any other assistance," he walks off, y/n going to the edge, motioning for the rest of the waterbenders to follow her. 

"thank you," yagoda says, bowing towards y/n and katara. 

"don't thank me. thank her," katara says, pointing at her sister. y/n rolls her eyes

"don't thank us, period," y/n says. "now, come on. let's go level the playing field,"

💧

y/n, katara and some other northern female waterbenders bend up an ice wall, blocking the fire ball that came in suddenly. 

"we're here to help," a northern male says, getting y/n's attention. "master pakku told us to report to you,"

"pakku sent you to me?"

"to her?" katara says as y/n pokes her side. 

"he told us to help you in any way we can," the boy says, bowing his head in respects. "we haven't finished our training yet, but...we'll try our best,"

y/n gives them warm smiles, looking around. 

"you two, over there," she points. "and one of you, reinforce this section. if you spot any incoming fireballs, let me no. i will water whip you if you try and take it by yourself,"

"yes, master y/n," now that is unheard of. 

"what? wait, but...i..." she watches them walk off, doing what she told them. 

"you're a master!" katara smiles. 

"yeah," y/n says, suddenly feeling like the weight of the world is on her shoulders. "i am,"