chapter⁹

aang isn't the last airbender?

warning: explosion

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:17 AM. OMASHU

"there he is look!" aang says, pointing up at the person who was flying. y/n isn't sure that it's an airbender though. he starts to run, leaving the water tribe siblings.

"aang!"

"aang, wait up!"

the airbender skilfully, runs past people, not even a need for his airbending. he almost runs into a cart, full of cabbages, swiftly missing it. 

"hey, watch out for-" sokka and y/n run past the merchant, knocking the cabbage he had in his hand, out of it. "oh!" katara follows behind her older siblings, the merchant grumbling under his breath. those were his cabbages. 

aang stops, running the smile on his face lost as he realises that it wasn't an airbender. it's a young boy in wheel chair, a very modern one at that. 

"you're not an airbender," aang mutters, looking at the kid. the kid looks at aang, realising he's there. 

"an airbender?" the kid smiles. "of course i'm not," the kid moves the goggles up from his face as y/n, sokka and katara finally catching up to him. 

an explosion halts the conversation, y/n coughing from the immense amount of smoke that has escaped from it. 

"help!" sokka runs into the smoke, trying to find the person who's pleading for help. 

"aang, we can't see!" katara says, trying to fan away some of the smoke. aang uses his glider and airbending to separate the smoke, making the air clearer for people to breath in and for people to see out of. 

sokka finds the man, bring him over to the gaang. 

"he's an airbender," the kid says, looking at aang in awe as he tries to put the flames out with his bending. y/n nods at katara as they both start to bend the water that is in a near fountain. "and you're both waterbenders!" the kid starts coughing into his clothes, the smoke being too much. 

"teo! teo!" a man shouts, running at the three of them. "are you alright? are you hurt?" 

"dad, i'm-" teo coughs again, his goggles on. "i'm fine,"

"let's get him out of the school," y/n says to the father, wincing every time teo coughs. "do you live near?"

"our house is right here," he says, getting behind teo and pushing the wheelchair. "thank you. thank you...?"