chapter³

escaping the fire nation boat

a/n: THEY HAVE RENEWED SEASON TWO AND THREE !!!!!

LESSSGOOOOO

remember to vote and comment!!

warning: near death?

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

11:54 AM. THE SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE

y/n walks into the cell without a word, aang following behind her. it gets locked behind them, a member of the forty one division standing outside to guard the two. they are benders, they could get up to any sort of mischief. 

"there are many who never imagined this day would come, myself included," iroh says to aang. 

"can i ask you something?" aang asks. "uh..."

"forgive me," iroh says, bowing to the two benders. "i'm iroh, son of fire lord azulon. and, of course,"

"why did the fire nation start this war?" y/n falters. she had never thought that before. 

"ah," iroh nods. "some people say it is within our nature to expand and consume like fire itself. others believe that true stability in the world can only happen under our rule, so the drive to conquer is the drive for peace and unity,"

y/n scoffs, looking down. 

"but peace comes from respecting life, not killing and destroying it," aang says, looking at iroh. 

"a noble sentiment, avatar," iroh starts. "but in the end, for most of us, it doesn't matter how this war started. it only matters how it can end. and the belief is by capturing you," iroh motions towards aang. "the fire nation can finally bring that about,"

"is that what you believe?"

iroh makes a face, letting y/n believe something else. he doesn't believe that? he believes the fire nation will lose?

"i must leave, but i look forward to many more conversations, avatar," iroh bows towards aang and then looks over to y/n. "and you miss...?"

"y/n,"

"and miss, y/n," iroh repeats, committing her name to memory. and for his nephew's cousin.  "in the meantime, i'll have some jasmine tea sent to the both of you. it's quite soothing," he bows, leaving. y/n smiles, looking back at him. 

aang watches as the fire nation guard turns around. he hangs his hands through the gaps of the cell, airbending the key from the fire nation guard's belt into his hand.