chapter¹⁴

trying to get to the spirit world

warnings: slight violence?

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

08:29 AM. A FOREST AWAY FROM OMASHU

"where did sokka go?" katara says, looking around. y/n stands up, brushing the dirt of her water tribe attire. aang shrugs, making y/n sigh. 

""let's go look for him," she says, pulling aang up. 

💧

walking through the forest, katara spots her brother kneeling down. 

"sokka," she says, walking over to him not realising that there was a younger girl there. the younger girl runs away, making sokka stand up, putting his hand out to her. 

"no wait," the girl already being far gone, e picks up the doll that was in her hand and looks at the three with an annoyed look. 

"what?"

💧

y/n looks around as she runs with the rest of her family, sokka leading. 

"over there," he says as they seem to have ran into a small village settlement. 

woah. it's nice and quiet. she feels the rain fall around as the smell of the earth hits her in the nose. she would like it here. if she wasn't trying to save the world. she would have like kyoshi island too. 

the girl runs towards her house, her father coming out of it. he walks quickly down the stairs, embracing her. 

"there you are," he says. "you know better than to wander off by yourself,"

"hey, she-she dropped this," sokka says, holding up the doll. the father pushes his daughter behind her, glaring down at the three teenagers and one kid. "we're not here to cause trouble. we...she was just scared,"

aang turns around, looking at all the people whispering and looking at them. 

"something bad happened here, didn't it?" aang says, facing the man. the man looks down, his lip trembling. 

"please forgive my manners," the man looks over to sokka, nodding at him. "thank you for helping my daughter,"

"no need to apologize," sokka shrugs. "i can imagine, living this close to the fire nation means you've got to stay on your guard,"

"yes," the man nods. "we have seen our share of war,"

"was that how the forest was destroyed?" katara asks. "a battle?"