chapter¹⁷

waterbending training!

a/n: 2.1k words for you pretty people!!

warning: blood mention, violence 

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:12 AM. NORTHERN WATER TRIBE

"water is life," y/n and katara walk into the building, looking around in awe. "water allows life to flourish,"

they both watch as a women pour water over a bloody wound. 

"and to heal," the woman waves her hand over the wound, the water binding to the blood and flesh, healing it. y/n gasps in awe, as katara just stands there.

the rest of the waterbending class, go to their separate parts of the classroom to practice their water healing technique, as the teacher turns around, beaming at y/n and katara. 

"master pakku told me we'd be having special guests today," yagoda says, looking at the two girls. 

"thank you for having us," y/n says, both of them bowing their heads. 

"i'd heard stories of water healing," katara starts. "but i didn't think it was still being practiced,"

"oh, yes," yagoda says. "it's a vital part of our culture. would you like to try it?" katara and y/n nod at her question, following yagoda to a wooden body. yagoda kneels down, moving her hands over the wooden body; allow water to run through it. "feel the flow of energy through the body. connect that flow to the energy in yourself. healing..." yagoda gets up, motioning for one of the two girls to try it. y/n looks at katara who allows y/n to go first. so said girl kneels down. "is more than a physical process," y/n breaths in, moving her arms forward and backwards, the water following her command. "it's about empathy. you must understand what it means to feel pain. then take that pain away,"

"you are a natural," yagoda says as y/n shrugs. 

"i'm pretty sure she's been like this since birth," katara says, jokingly rolling her eyes as y/n laughs. 

"hush, katara," she says. "thank you, yagoda. i've been getting pretty good at picking things up. we both have. we've had to think on our feet a lot,"

"nothing to focus your mind like a fireball coming at your head," katara mumbles. the two younger girls blink, in sync which would have been considered scary. but both of them remember their fights with the firebenders. and they both sucked. 

"but that reminds me," y/n says, getting up from her knees. "when do we start fight training?"

"excuse me?"