chapter¹⁶

making it to the northern water tribe

a/n: another love interest is being introduced!!

warning: survivors guilt

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:44 AM. ICY SEAS

"zuko's on his own," aang says as him and the rest of the water tribe siblings are sitting on appa; who flies them over the cold waters. "well, unless he's with his cousin. and he wasn't anything like i thought he would be. he just seemed so alone,"

"i'm shocked,"

"sokka," y/n says, looking at him as he puts his hands up. 

"aang made a connection with him," katara points out. "right?"

"i just realised zuko and i, we both have a lot on our shoulders," aang says. "this whole time, i've been worried that i don't know what i'm doing. and the truth is, i don't. i haven't learned any of the other bending skills, and i'll probably continue messing up, but at least i'll be able to do it with my friends by my side,"

"team avatar," katara smiles. 

"i was thinking the gaang," y/n says as everyone looks at her. "you know because aang's name is literally aang and if we just and a 'g' infront," she sees the disapproval on her siblings faces. "i-never mind,"

"no! no!" aang says. "i like it!"

"of course, you do," sokka says, rolling his eyes. playfulness hidden behind it. katara and y/n laugh, as appa grunts loudly.

"what is it, boy?" aang says, turning around. 

"look!" katara says, standing up slightly. "it's the northern water tribe!"

"wow..." y/n says, her smile getting bigger and bigger. it's beautiful. 

"we did. we finally made it," katara continues, smiles landing on everyone's face. 

appa flies over the ice wall, slipping through one of the gaps. 

"they're here!" a woman says, cheering with the rest of the northern water tribe. 

"avatar, welcome to agna qel'a!"

"this is..." sokka says, looking around in awe. 

"beautiful," aang finishes off for him. 

"it's perfect," katara smiles. let's just say, she's the person who's wanted to be here the most. 

"more than perfect," y/n says. "it's incandescent," she smiles.