chapter⁷

he cut her hair???

he cut her hair???

a/n: don't forget to vote and comment!!

warning: violence?, slightly unconscious aang, fainting, talking about a dead parent, little cute moment at the end :3

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

01:17 PM. KYOSHI ISLAND

y/n and katara look up from hearing the bell, alarming through kyoshi island. 

"aang," katara says, shaking his shoulder. but the avatar remains with his eyes closed and his arrow, still glowing. 

"stay with him," y/n says, jogging over to the end of the mountain. she sees a dark coloured ship, realising who it's from. "this is not good," she says, looking back at her sister. katara shakes aang's shoulder again, harder this time. 

"you need to come back now! where are you?"

💧

it's been a few minutes and y/n and katara have heard no commotion. 

"i'm going to look again, okay?" y/n says, making katara nod. katara keeps her eyes on aang, hoping and pleading that he'll come out in whatever state he is in so that they can help defend the village. 

y/n makes it to the edge of the mountain, her eyes looking with amber ones. keahin is looking straight at her. 

she hardens her gaze, but sees how he's faltering until zuko stands beside him, his nostrils flaring. 

"katara," y/n says, turning back at her sister. katara looks at her sister, scared. "how much better do you think you are at waterbending?"

"slightly better...why?"

"you ready to put it to the test?"

💧

"water girl," keahin smiles, looking up and down at y/n as she's holding her stance. no matter how attractive he is, she will not falter. well, not yet, anyway. "look, i don't want to do this. you seem wise enough that you know that i'll win,"

y/n knows he will. he looks strong. she can see the muscles in his arms from here. 

"i am going to stop you," she says, holding her stance. "and i am protecting the village," along side, the kyoshi warriors, some of the towns people, her brother and her sister. 

"you?" keahin says, tilting his head with a taunting smile. "alright, wise girl. it's your funeral,"

keahin blasts fire towards y/n, who brings up a water shield to defend herself. she waves her hand towards him, shooting three water blasts towards him and he blocks them with his flames, with ease.