chapter¹⁰

jet isn't a good guy, but he's hot

warning: argument, yelling

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:37 AM. OMASHU

"the avatar has returned," teo says, looking at aang in awe. "my mother told me stories of the avatar and how he'd return one day. dad, do you remember her stories?"

"what i remember is that your mother was taken from us by this cursed war and everything we had to do to stay alive since then. we worked hard and we kept our heads down," sai says, rolling his shoulders as his hands are perched on the desk. 

the gaang start to feel uncomfortable, knowing this is a family conversation. it's not for their ears. 

"that's not how we'll change the world,"

"but it is how we'll survive," sai says, sticking with his opinion. 

"you pretend like you don't care of what's going on out there," teo starts. "but i know you hate the fire nation as much as i do. why else would you build all this if not to help our army?" sai looks away, tying to hide the betrayal on his face. "like this," teo says, picking up a small toy airship. 

"that's just an experiment," sai mutters, taking it off his son's hands. "i can't even get the damn thing to work,"

"look," aang starts as y/n watches katara start to waterbend. "i'm not here to cause any trouble. all i want is to help," she does the same moves as her sister, katara smiling. 

"i know how," teo says, manoeuvring his wheelchair over to the map. "i have a hunch about where the bombers might be gathering. it's high upon the mountain. can't really reach there by myself, but with your airbending..." he points to the map, aang look at it intently. "just there. the strongest updrafts are in the morning, so we should fly then,"

"what, tomorrow?" sai asks. "no, teo, you're supposed to help me with the airship. i still need to fix the attitude control before i show it to the generals,"

"i can help with that," sokka speaks up. 

"i can also help," y/n says, looking back at the boys. "i might know nothing about this stuff, but there's no harm, right?"

💧

y/n practices her waterbending as sokka and sai work on the airship. 

"and if you add plates here, and a vent here," sokka says, pointing at the model airship. "all you need to do is install a bleed valve to regulate pressure,"