Chapter Two

My only option was to pull over somewhere for a while and call one of my friends. I couldn't call my parents. I wasn't on speaking terms with them after the fight we had last year and I know they wouldn't exactly be pleased if I showed up out of nowhere. Especially since they didn't like Martin in the first place. They would just give me I told you so looks like they had this coming.
I pulled over to a bar on the side of the road. I was in desperate need of alcohol right now. I walked into the bar and it didn't look like it was that crowded. I hopped into a stool at the bar next to a man who seemed to be going through the same exact thing I was. The bartender walked up to me and asked for my order. A Corona sounded really good right now.
"I'll just take a Corona please." The man next to me sat up and looked at me. I really wasn't in the mood to converse but the best thing I could do right now was be nice.
"What's your problem?" He asked. A lot of things were my problem right now but I would just state the truth.
"Well I just caught my boyfriend in bed with another woman." He looked at me in concern like he knew exactly how I felt.
"Well maybe it had something to do with you. Or he could just be an insane person to sleep with someone other than you." There was no way this had anything to do with me. I tended to his needs and never got a thank you. I did everything for him and he didn't give a shit.
"No that's not true. I've been nothing but nice to him."
"Well maybe you just weren't good at sex." Ok what was this man's problem. He stated the truth too much and I didn't like it. How can someone possibly be good at sex. I've never been told I was good at sex. Martin would just have his way with me and then get up.
"Ok my sex life is none of your business." He took another sip of his beer in disbelief.
"You're right it's none of my business. I just have a hard time believing someone would cheat on someone as hot as you." I blushed and looked the other way so he wouldn't see the redness flushing across my face.
"I can see you hiding your blushing. Come on you have to admit you are hot as fuck. You have one of the most beautiful faces." Nobody has ever told that to me before. It felt good to know it but I didn't feel like flirting right now.
"Well thank you for saying that but you don't need to try making me feel any better." He smiled at me with the most beautiful smile and was gazing deep into my eyes
"So where are you gonna stay cause I'm assuming your not gonna go back to that dicks house?" I honestly didn't want to think about that right now. I don't want to call one of my friends this sudden and think I'm intruding.
"I honestly don't know right now." I said.
"Well would your parents let you?" That is a no. A definite no.
"Oh no. We actually aren't on speaking terms. And hey you haven't even told me why you're here right now." He rolled his eyes and turned to face me.
"Well I just got laid off from my job and am going through some sort of a depression right now." I looked at him with a concerned look as he proceeded to speak.
"I worked at an auto shop and they had to let me go cause it couldn't stay in business." I saw the sad look in his eyes and I felt absolutely horrible for him. I reached for his hand and placed mine on top of his.
"I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you think you're gonna be able to find another job?"
"I don't really know right now. I'm hoping I can. But it's not really a problem right now." I took another sip of my beer and downed it in one sip. He looked back over at me.
"Hey. If you need a place to stay, I have an extra room in my house." I couldn't possibly stay with him. I just met him a half hour ago.
"Oh no. I couldn't. I barely know you and that would be too much for you." He laughed and set down his beer.
"It's really not a big deal. I'm willing to help you out in any way I can. For tonight you can borrow some clothes and I will personally go grab anything you need tomorrow." I can't believe he's offering this to me. A stranger! I did need a place to stay but I just wasn't sure about this.
"I don't know. You seem like a nice person.."
"Kyle!"
"Kyle. You seem like a nice person but I can't do this." I liked his name. It added more masculinity to his character.
"If you think anything is gonna happen it's not. I'm a trusting person."
"Ok fine. I'll stay with you until I can get a place of my own. And I'm Destiny by the way." He smiled the second after I told him my name.
"That is a beautiful name." I smiled. I wouldn't be staying with him for that long since I had a job as a secretary at an editing company and made a fair amount of money. He led me to his car. It was a brand new truck. How the hell did he get all this money?