Epilogue

Fifteen Years Later

I'm looking through some old things in the attic and pull out a tape. On it, it says "For Kylie" I take it downstairs and stick it into the TV. It turned on and showed a young man. It was my father!
"Hey babygirl. I don't know your name yet because your mommy is being slow with picking it out. I know I'll never get to see you grow up but I just want you to know that I love you so very much and so does your mother. I'm hoping the very best for your future and just know that I'll always be in your heart. Now I'm gonna get on with the main point I filmed this video. I want you to look in your mom's top drawer of her dresser. In there I have a little surprise for you. I love you my darling. Love dad." I turned off the TV and snuck into my mom's room. I heard the shower running so I knew this was my opportunity. I opened the drawer and saw a little box sitting above her shirts. I pulled it out and shut the drawer. I opened the box and it was a necklace. Attached was a note that read "Look inside the peep hole." I squinted and looked inside. I saw a picture. My mother looked much younger in that photo. She was holding a baby and in a few short seconds, I realized that baby was me. They were both standing together and it must have been our first and last photo as a family.
I never knew my dad personally, but I did know that he was a special man who loved my mother and me very much.

The End.