Chapter Eight

"I'm scared to meet your parents." Kyle placed his arms on my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye.
"Don't worry, they'll love you." He kissed me and walked into the kitchen to check on the food. This is my first time actually meeting one of my boyfriend's parents so I have a reason to be nervous.
"Should need a few more minutes." Kyle shut the oven door and set his mit on the counter. He looked at me and could still see the nervous look in my eyes.
"Baby, it'll be ok. If they don't like you they're just gonna have to live with it." I smile as he walked around the island and places a thumb on my chin.
"There's no reason they shouldn't like you." He kissed me once more as the doorbell rang. I knew it was them.
"They're here!" We both headed to the front door and opened it and saw a face we didn't expect to see. It was Martin. We both frowned at his sight.
"Sorry to intrude like this but can I speak to Destiny." Kyle looked at me like that was my decision to make. I nodded my head at him and we both looked back at Martin.
"Yes but please make it quick. We have company coming over." I led him down the long hallway into the guest bedroom where Kyle's parents were gonna stay. I left the door open just to be safe.
"I don't know what you're doing here Martin but I really don't care what you have to say." He looked at me with a serious look in his eyes.
"What the
hell are you doing here Destiny?" I didn't know what he meant by that but it was none of his business to know what's going on in my life.
"What are you doing with this man?" That made more sense to me, but I wasn't ready for him trying to get me to come back to him.
"Martin I'm gonna say this once and only once because it's something you need to hear. I'm finally happy for once in my life and you need to accept that. You also can't let the love you have for me interfere with your future relationships. I shouldn't be the only one who gets to be happy. Go and live your life and forget about me. Ok." He frowned like that was not the answer he was looking for.
"You're right. I'm sorry for coming here. I knew it was a mistake. I just want you to know that I did love you." I watched as he walked out of the bedroom and out of my sight. I didn't believe a single bit of that last sentence he said. I walked back out and saw him leave. He was gone and out of my life forever. I walked back over to Kyle who looked at me in concern.
"Everything ok?" I nodded and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head. I looked up when the doorbell rang and this time I knew it was his parents. We both opened the door and his parents had a look of excitement on their faces. His mom was a skinny figure with brown short brown hair and had a sweet little personality it seemed like. His dad seemed to match his mother's energy and was a tall fit figure and gray hair. The first thing his mother did was pull me in for a hug.
"I can't believe we finally get to meet. Oh my goodness you are even more gorgeous than you were in the pictures Kyle had sent to us." I'm surprised Kyle talked about me to his parents. We've been dating for about a month and I wouldn't think he'd mention me to them but I'll take it. His dad shook my hand and gave me a quick smile.
"Well I have a chicken in the oven so we can sit and chat until it's ready." We lead them into the living room and they sat down on the couch across from us. I sat down and Kyle sat down close to me with his arm around me and his hand rubbing across my knee. It didn't seem appropriate for the first time meeting his parents.
"So how did you two meet?" His mother asked.
"Well we met in a bar actually. It was weird but we were in love." They both smiled and we looked at each other and smiled.
"Well let me tell you, you seem like just the type of girl Kyle needs. He calls us once a week and every time he would talk about you nonstop." I blushed at that comment and smiled.
"Well you do have a wonderful son."
"I heard your working at an editing company. How's that going?"
"It's going really great! I love my job and it's very enjoyable. We get to work with and meet new people all the time." She smiled and took another sip of her wine.
"I was a teacher for the longest time and loved working with kids. Are you guys planning on having any little ones?" We both looked at each other in confusion.
"Well we haven't gotten that far in our relationship but probably someday. Both Kyle and I share our love for children." He kissed the side of my head and I closed my eyes. The oven went off and Kyle got up and ran into the kitchen. I was left alone with both his parents now.
"You know Destiny. We are so glad Kyle found you. He seems happier than usual and we think you bring in a special kind of happiness to him." I smiled at them both. I was so in love with Kyle and I'm glad they said it. He came back in the room wiping his hands on a towel.
"Dinners ready!"