Chapter Twenty-Two

On the page, it was a letter addressed to Kevin. Kyle had written it and it had to have been before he got too weak to write it.
I started on the first paragraph.

Dear Kevin,
I want you to give this to Destiny at my funeral. She needs to know this and I promise bro that it's nothing bad. I just wanted to tell you how special she was to me.
To start off. I lost my job at the auto shop and was upset. I had no other choice but to drink on it. I didn't know if I was drunk or not but I had to have seen the most beautiful and hot and sexy women ever. She walked in being a mess and sat next to me. I was in love with everything about her. Her face. Her hair. And that hot ass. I offered for her to stay with me because I couldn't let her go. I needed her. I knew she would be the one I would fall in love with then eventually marry. That first time I made love to her was not only the best sex I've ever had, but it gave us a special connection. A connection I've never felt before. I gave her an opportunity to try things out and it was the best thing I've ever done. Our love was rare. It was love you couldn't find in every person. Each day, I fell more and more in love with her man. She was amazing. I loved kissing her, I loved touching her, hell I loved everything about that woman. When I found out I was terminal. The first thought I had was her. I didn't know how I would tell her but I didn't have to. She stuck by me through the living hell of my life. She made me feel like a brand new man. She needs to know what my wishes of her are.
1. Take care of yourself! Getting through my death will be hard but I want her to go on the right path. Especially with raising out daughter
2. Take care of Kylie! You'll never know how precious she is. She's been dreaming about motherhood since she was a child and this now is finally her chance to live it
3. Make yourself happy! I don't have to be there for her to be happy. She needs a life and a distraction from the loss of me
4. Date other men! I don't want to be her last love. I give her the approval of being with other men. She deserves to experience love again
5. Take care of her man! She's the most special person you'll ever meet and has so much kindness to others. She takes risks and lives life to the fullest.
I just want you to tell her how much I love her. My love for her is endless. She wasn't my first love but she was my best love. She cared for me in a way no other woman did and that gave her character. She knows how to handle a relationship and gives it meaning. So if you can, give her this letter to let her know that she's the best thing that could ever happen to me.

- Your Brother, Kyle

I immediately drop the letter on the mattress and wipe my eyes. The tears are falling harder than ever. He took all this time to write this and explained everything he could. I loved him so much and I wish I could jump in his arms and kiss his face off.
He was right about the part saying that our love was rare. We fell in love so fast, but it was for a purpose. That purpose was to share our highs and lows together. If I could, I would take all of the pain he experienced just to have him back.
In my story, there is a lot to say about Kyle. Did he change me or did I change him? We'll never know for sure but we do know that we swam beneath the depths for each other.