Off You Go!!

Today was the day.

The day Charlie, Ariel, Luke, and Marie went to New Rome for college.

Will couldn't believe it.

He and Nico raised Marie since she was a baby, and now she's going to college.

College.

There was a knock on the door, and it snapped Will out of his daydream.

Marie ran downstairs, and flung open the door.

"Um, you ready?" He heard Charlie say from the doorway.

"Give me 10 minutes." She replied, and she ran back up the stairs with Charlie standing awkwardly in the doorway.

Will stood, and walked towards the front door.

"Hey Mr. Solangelo." Charlie murmured.

"Gods, Charlie! 'Mr. Solangelo' makes me sound old!" Will laughed. "I told you to call me Will."

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that.....Will." Charlie muttered.

"So, off to college." Will said attempting to make small talk with the boy standing in his doorway.

"Yeah. Has Marie seemed off to you lately?" He then asked abruptly.

Will stared at the boy, and couldn't believe what he was hearing. Did Marie not tell him yet? Why not?

"No, no." He answered a little too quickly.

And just then, Marie ran down the stairs with her stuff, killing whatever little awkward conversation left.

"Daddy! I'm gonna miss you!!" She exclaimed throwing herself into her father's arms.

"I'm gonna miss you too." Will muttered. "I want an Iris message everyday."

"Okay. I'll call you and Dad everyday." She replied.

"Where is Alec and Nico?" Will muttered to himself.

"I said bye to Alec already, but I don't know where dad is." Marie told him.

Will nodded, and hugged Marie again.

"Um, do you want me to take your stuff and put it in the car?" Charlie then asked.

"No, no, I'll do it." Marie smiled at Charlie.

He returned the smile. "Okay, whatever you say."

And they walked outside together towards Annabeth's minivan.

Will then took this opportunity to search the house for his husband.

"NICO!!!!" He bellowed.

He checked everywhere, and double checked, and still no sign of the son of Hades.

Then as Will had given up, Nico appeared right in front of him.

"Whoa!! What the heck Nico!! Where were you?!" Will exclaimed.

"At New Rome, checking everything to make sure Marie will be okay." Nico replied with his face slightly reddening.

"Marie is leaving now, come on, you gotta say bye." Will told his husband with his scowl disappearing.

Nico nodded, and they ran to the front door.

Marie was waiting there, and she flung herself into Nico's arms.

"Bye Dad, I'll see you soon." She smiled.