Chapter 14 | La Garnison

When I stepped out of the house, i practically skipped my way to the Red Guards Training ground. This small freedom from the house, made me appreciate everything more. Freddie wasn't there, but I left so of the pastries and a note. I told him I was excited to see him tonight, I haven't gotten to see him much. When I left there, I redirected myself towards the Garrison. One of the armed Guards was kind enough to give me directions, though he seemed annoyed. Once again I was floating through the streets of Paris. They were muddy and loud and chaotic. But they were beautiful. When I reached my destination, I was shocked at just how different the Garrison was compared to the Red Guards. It was more dirt ground than anything. The walls held stacked apartment lodgings. The Red Guards camp very stiff, in their training and grounds. The Musketeers however, had many different stations set up. Shooting ranges, bags of sands for strength training I believe and more I wasn't sure the purpose of. At each station men were compeleting their tasks. I walk past the small groups, earning a few whistles and a lot of stares.

I walk further into the yard, and finally am met with a familiar face.

"Porthos."

He leans against a pole. Looking amused at the pair of men fighting before him, he turns to me.

"Look what the cat dragged in." He jokes.

"I bring a thank you gift." I shake the basket in front of me.

I hear a familiar laugh and turn to look at the two men who are sparring near us.

A very shirtless Aramis and Athos. Aramis can hold his own but it's clear Athos has the upper hand. After another minute, Aramis surrenders.

Porthos is already digging into the treats when Aramis drags himself towards us. Depleated, he perks up when he sees the basket. He looks to me. Not so much as a hello.

"My savior" the pair dig in.

Athos briefly meets my eye but then looks over to Porthos. Whose face and beard were now covered in crumbs.

"Porthos, let's go." He motions for him to replace Aramis spot as his sparring partner.

Porthos shakes his head and speaks, his mouth full.

"No way."

Then he looks to Aramis.

"Round two?"

Aramis, whose mouth was mid bite, shakes his head too.

Athos grumbles.

"I'll do it." The words leave my mouth far too quick.

Not only do the three of them look at me, everyone's head seems to turn my way.

"I don't fight Women." Athos responds.

The men laugh. Athos face is still ever so serious.

I step towards him, hands on hip.

"I don't fight Cowards."

The laughter that erupts almost shakes the ground.

Athos, turns to leave. I grab a sword that is laying on the ground, swinging it towards his which lays at his side. I knock it from his hand and mange to grab it before it hits the ground. I point both at him.

Once again whoops and cheers erupt. Everyone in the yard is now circled around us, watching for Athos response. While he does seem momentarily stunned, he keeps his usual cool. But I see a small smirk tug at his lip.

"Let's make it a fair fight." I throw him his sword.