17

EZRA'S POV

We reached the abandoned house. I quickly got down. And we shot whoever came in between us. My men started to surround the house, according to the plan.

I kicked the door open and found the room empty

I kicked the door open and found the room empty. I walked through another hallway as I heard a whimper. My heart clenched.

I quickly kicked the wooden door open and it broke. I saw my tesoro there tied up with chains on the ground. My heart broke at sight of her. I was in immense anger and pain.

"Ezra Luciano, head of the Italian mafia. Seems rich, doesn't it" said the man as he wickedly laughed. "What the f**k do you want, you cheap f**ker" i groaned as i aimed the gun at his head.

He smirked and looked sideways. I saw a man aiming the gun at y/n. I knew this f**ker was playing games with me.
"What do you want?" I groaned.  "Well seems we got to the main point" he chuckled. "At first i wanted your money, but now seeing such beauty, i want her too" he said.

I looked at my men while that f**ker looked at y/n. "Shoot" i whispered, one of my men aimed at the man who was pointing his gun towards y/n, while i aimed at this f**ker. "Now" i whispered. We both shot at the same time. I saw that f**ker fall to the ground.

I quickly ran towards my tesoro. She was crying. I untied her chains, as they were hurting her body. She groaned as i pulled out the chain. "I'm so sorry my tesoro, i should have come sooner here baby" i said. She cried and held her stomach. I quickly removed my blazer and put it on her.

I carried her in my arms and took her out to my car. "You drive" i told my driver. He nodded and began driving. "Are you hurt baby, I'm sorry tesoro" i said. Her state was miserable, her clothes were all torn, there were blood stains all over her face, her body looked bruised.

We soon reached home and i carried her to our bedroom. She was in immense pain. I placed her on the bed and went to the bathroom to prepare a hot water bath for her.

I came out and saw her fragile figure. "Baby I'm going to undress you now, just stay still for me. I'm not going to hurt you ok tesoro" i told her. She nodded. I took out my blazer from her and undressed her. I saw so many bruises on her body. My eyes welled up at the sight of that. Her stomach had purple and blueish black marks here and there.

I kissed her head. "Baby, I'll give you a warm bath ok" i told her. She nodded unable to say anything. I carried her and took her to the bathroom. I placed her down on the bathtub. She moaned. "are you ok tesoro?" I asked her. She nodded looking at me. I took the shower head and turned it on warm water mode, i started to shower her pouring warm water on her body. "Tell me if I'm hurting you Tesoro" i told her.

After wetting her body, i took the loofah and squirted some body wash on it. It foamed and i rubbed it all over her body, cleaning her from the dirt and the blood. She whined in pain sometimes due to the sudden action. My heart broke and I was happy that i killed that f**ker.

After bathing her, i took the towel and wrapped it around her fragile body, i carried her to the bedroom and placed her down. I dried her body and brought some clothes for her from our closet. I brought my sweatshirt and one of her short pants for her. I helped her put on her clothes.

I began to dry her hair when i spoke. "I know husband and wife was a title, but I hope I'm fulfilling my duties as a husband" i finished. She looked up at me and stared into my eyes. She got up and placed a soft kiss on my lips "yes" she whispered. I nodded and kissed her head. "I'll call the doctor now baby, as i can't treat your bruises, because you need medicine for it to heal" i told her.

She nodded, when I was about to leave she pulled my hand "don't go" she said barely above a whisper, but i could hear it. "I'm not going anywhere leaving you alone tesoro, I'm just going to bring my phone" i told her. She nodded.

I brought my phone and came and got in bed. I called my private doctor and asked him to come here as soon as possible. I placed the phone down and turned towards her. I saw her giving me those doe eyes. "What's up baby?" I asked her "cuddle me" she said almost like a whine. "But I don't want to hurt you tesoro" i sighed. She inched closer towards me and placed a kiss on my lips "you won't" she said. I nodded and cuddled her.

After half an hour the doctor and checked her thoroughly, her examined her wounds, and her bruises. Thank God they weren't any broken ribs or anything. He gave her some ointments, and medicines. The doctor said to examine her bruises everyday. She'll make a slow recovery because of the bruises. After he went off the maids brought us some lunch. I fed her and gave her some medicines.

I put her to bed, and went to take a shower. I came out and changed into my pyjamas. I got in bed with her and admired her face. "i know your asleep, but I love you tesoro. I love you so much. I'm unable to reciprocate my feelings towards you when your awake, i know this marriage was just a title, but I'm falling for you everyday" i said nervously.

I heard her giggle. I frowned isn't she asleep. I looked down and saw her opening her eyes still giggling. She got up and sat up. "I love you too Ezra Carlo Luciano" she said making my heart beat faster. "I thought you were asleep" i told her. She smiled "i was until you said something" she said. "Oh i love you so much tesoro" i told her and placing my lips on hers in a sweet kiss. We pulled away and smiled "i love you too" she breathed out.