Plot C 05

Badan Jungles, Oasis River

The leaders of the Lords, the El Lords stood ontop of a rock formation as they watched over their kin drinking water from the river. While the others tended to their physical needs, the Els were tending to their logical ones.

"We've been traveling for days," The El of Wind said.

"Yes," El of Water said, "But I have found us this oasis for us to live."

"Yet.. we still no longer have a purpose," El of Ground said.

This caused the others to be silent. Ever since the Lords refused to do Badan's bidding, they were outcasts.

"Pray to him again!" El of Water said, "Perhaps we're not trying hard enough!"

"No.." El of Ground said, "We've prayed enough. You know the truth."

"The Overlord..." El of Wind said, "Has abandoned us. He's silent, or perhaps dormant."

"Badan intended for us to be simple monsters.." El of Water said, "Utter disrespect."

"One has to wonder what we are...without our Overlord.." El of Ground said.

"This is all the fault of the Agito seed.. Somehow it corrupted the Overlord!" El of Water said.

"Enough," El of Ground said, "It is Badan that did this to us. Before, we all died in faithful service. Now we are a species struggling to survive.."

"Three Lords were lost last week from some human..." El of Wind said, "They were hesitant to kill someone who wasn't an Agito."

The El of Water began laughing which then turned into a panicked cry, "Pathetic. We're pathetic! We cling to an Overlord that abandoned us..and let ourselves die.."

"But what do we do about it? We are not used to having ambition...agency..." El of Ground said.

Suddenly they heard a blood-curdling howl from down below. The three of them rushed over to see what was going on. Looking from above, it appeared they missed the tragedy. All that was left was a trail of blood leading to the water, with terrified Lords surrounding it.

"What happened?!" The El of Water asked.

But the minor Lords were not able to articulate through speech, so they formed a telepathic link with the others.

"Something..came out and snatched them..?" El of Wind asked.

Using the El of Winds' powers they jumped off the cliff and landed in front of the trail.

"Have you led us to cursed water?!" The El of Ground asked.

The El of Water gave an offended scowl as he walked forward taking a closer look at the river before he noticed..it.

"Heavens...look!" He shouted.

And like a predator stalking its prey from across the river, the El of Water could see dozens of creatures within the reflection of the water. And as soon as seen, they charged.

"Prepare for battle!" One of them shouted.

Suddenly jumping from the waters but not from within it a large variety of ravenous creatures attacked the Lords. Almost similar to the Lords themselves except this herd included spiders, jellyfish, zelles, and dragonflies. In a panic, powers from dozens of Lords all activated at once resulting in a confused mass of destroying their targets as well as friendly fire.

Mirror Monsters turned to dust but so did the first several Jaguar Lords that were on the front lines, Jellyfish Lords struck at the monsters' numbers with lightning however the Mirror Monsters did not appear to feel pain. A herd of the enemy creatures consisting of gazelles and zebras charged forward knocking several Lords head-on into the "water." But as the El of Water could see, there was no splash, they were thrust into the reflection itself!

The El Lords then concentrated their powers of telekinesis to attempt to push back the monsters in one brave swoop, but the Mirror Monsters seemed to resist. It felt like they were consisted of psychic energy.

The other Lords kept fighting back even as their brethren were mauled and dragged into reflections. Some Lords tried to attack with their own special abilities but were largely unsuccessful, having abilities not intended for instant death.

Finally, together the El Lords' managed to get their power working, slowly the hordes of Mirror Monsters lifted upward levitating in the air, before all being slammed hard on the ground. The impact crushed the life out of the creatures.

They rushed to the aid of their wounded.

"This cannot go onward..." El of Ground said.

"We should not become an extinct species!" El of Water said.

"Rest brothers," El of Wind said, "We will find.. Allies."