Plot B 04

Extermination Team Barracks

Meanwhile across the room, at the Mirror Monster Barracks, (which was double the size of the other rooms and had two bunk beds.)

Sora sat at a stool at the mercy of the two riders in front of him, Verde and Gai. After his angry stunt in the Mirror World, he was quickly captured and brought back here. Both riders were in full armor ready to stop him if necessary.

"So you assaulted our Combatman and stole his deck because.." Gai asked.

He would have to talk himself out of this one. He started out with a warm smile.

"Haha! My fellow riders.." he said, "I just wanted to lend a helping hand.."

"Hmm.." Gai said.

Verde crossed his arms, "He's not a rider. He turned into some sort of monster. Like a gremlin."

"That's not what I am! I'm.. Sora!" he said.

"Ah.." Verde said writing this down on a piece of paper, "Thank you for cooperating."

Sora slumped down in annoyance, he fell for that one. Clearly he wasn't dealing with some stupid people, but skillful manipulators like himself.

"You want to try that again..Sora?" Gai asked as he held up Ouja's deck, "This is a special deck you know. Belongs to an outcast, a bothersome guy."

Sora carefully listened to the tone of Gai's voice as he mentioned Ouja. There was something familiar in it, a tone of resentment. Perhaps he could manipulate a kinship with this Gai?

"I hate him!" Sora said throwing his body forward in a rage, "He ruined my fun!"

This seemed to grab Gai's attention, "Fun?"

"I offered him..friendship.. And he spat in my face," Sora said, "I thought he could make things more fun for me, but instead I was.. Humiliated!"

"Humiliated.." Gai said as if he meditating on something.

"So you wanted to steal his deck to get revenge," Verde said, "Simple..but understandable."

"Precisely.." Sora said, "Perhaps we can work out a deal?"

Suddenly Gai slammed his fist on a nearby wall, "Asakura..."

He seemed to be seething at the thought of him. This gave Sora plenty of opportunity to establish a bond.

"Did he.. humiliate you too?" Sora asked.

"That guy killed me!" Gai said.

Sora wasn't a fan of sharing personal vengeance but if it got him out of this he would.

"Yes.. you understand me," Sora said, "Together we can crush that snake..hehehehehe!"

The room went silent as Sora's laughter echoed. His high pitched laugh seemed to do that to people.

"Revenge quests are beneath me.. " Verde said breaking the silence, "As is this exterminationt team. We would do better to report this creature to Zol and increase our power within Badan.."

"Come on Itsuro.." Gai said, "We're allowed to have some fun in this awful city. Besides he's kind of cute."

Cute? Cute?! I am not cute! Sora thought.

"I'll stay within city gates, seeing what connections I can make," Verde said disconnecting his belt revealing a well-dressed businessman. His suit was dirty, Sora figured he was likely struggling adapting, "You've already made your decision."

Sora looked over to Gai, who then disconnected his deck. His appearance of a punk kid a bit younger than Sora. He tossed Ouja's deck to him.

"I'm Jun by the way Sora. If this is a trick I'll drag into the Mirror World and let you fade into nothingness," Jun said extending a hand and a smile.

Sora shook his hand, though he didn't take being threatened lightly. He chose to restrain himself however, perhaps this Gai would be useful.

"As long as we kill that Asakura," Sora said smiling.

Gai then tossed him Ouja's deck, "Let's start a new game.."