Plot A 02

Plot A 02

Extermination Team Barracks

Kaidou wasn't comfortable with his mission, he was never very good of a fighter. But it was better than being in prison. Though despite running through an obstacle course of sheer death, it wasn't as tense as staring a Nazi straight in the face.

"Being a former prisoner, you will have certain restrictions before we can fully trust you," Zol said as Kaidou closely followed making sure to not crowd him.

Humans already didn't like Orphenochs, he didn't want to know what someone like Zol thought of him.

"But you are in luck," Zol said as he knocked on a door, "You will be joining the Orphenoch Extermination Team."

Zol had led him to the area of the barracks, a series of rooms with equipment dedicated to wiping out various monsters that were a threat to Badan, of the three rooms he could currently see, their signs read, "Mirror Monsters", "Worms" , and the door they stood behind was "Orphenochs."

The door opened as Kaidou recognized a familiar and frankly unwelcome face.

"K-Kusaka??" Kaidou asked in fear.

Kusaka raised an eyebrow as he pulled Kaidou forward with a grip, "You!"

Zol let out a laugh, "You two know each other? Good.."

Immediately Kusaka let go and turned into a calm demeanor imitating a military stance.

"Sorry...sir," Kusaka said with a hint of disgust, "Another non-human on my team adds to my...discomfort.:

Kaidou rubbed the back of his head nervously as he recalled memories.

Not to mention I think you had a thing for that lovely.. Mari girl.. Just like me! He thought.

He gulped. This guy was crazy, how on earth was he going to accomplish his mission with someone like Kusaka around?

"Maehara is a valuable asset Kusaka," Zol said.

There was a long enough pause as Kaidou nearly considered slipping out the door and making a run for it before Kusaka spoke.

"Yes sir," he said.

Zol smiled and promptly left closing the door behind them. To tell the truth, Kaidou wasn't sure who he was safer with. Kusaka immediately dropped his respectful demeanor as his face erupted back to unhappiness.

"Pathetic man," Kusaka said, "He's no better than an Orphenoch."

Kusaka then eyed Kaidou with a look that indicated a groan. He then turned around and dug out a suitcase from the small room. He pressed it open and held out a Kamen Rider belt.

"Here Orphenoch.." he said, "Badan's scientists were somehow smart enough to recreate Delta."

"Delta.." Kaidou said reluctantly taking the belt.

He remembered he was Faiz at one point, but he was pretty bad at it. Still hopefully being a Rider would increase his chances at survival if anything.

"They were going to give it to that crazy Kitazaki, but luckily I convinced Zol to let me handle it," Kusaka said, "But If you break my spare belt you're dead. Deader than you were before you became an Orphenoch."

"Y-yes.." Kaidou said trying on the belt but not transforming.

"If you don't follow my orders, or prove useful to me you're also dead.." Kusaka said.

"You don't have to put on a show Kusaka," A voice from the back said, "He's already afraid."

Kaidou looked up stunned to see that he didn't notice a third man laying in bed by the corner. This man was not looking at them, but was strangely pale and dead-looking. He was a young well dressed man too with better taken care of hair than Kusaka's.

"Pipe it you malformation of life!" Kusaka barked.

"I could also hear you talking about me," the Man said, "The truth is being human was what got me killed. I don't miss it."

That must be the one Zol mentioned. Maehara? What's his deal? Kaidou thought.

"Like I care," Kusaka said, "As long as you help me kill Orphenochs, I might not kill you."

Kaidou shly waved as Maehara stood up.

"Up for a game of chess?" Maehara asked the room.

"No," Kusaka said.

"I don't know how to play," Kaidou said, "Say.. uh.. How do I put this? What are you?"

Maehara did not crack a smile, in fact he didn't seem to show any emotion at all.

"I'm an Amazon," he said.

"Hmm?" Kaidou asked.

"He's a zombie. Hunts down other people like him that eat people. At least that's what his file said," Kusaka said.

"An oversimplification but good enough," Maehara said.

Kaidou gulped again as he thought.

I started out with a demon as my warden, met with a nazi, my boss is a nutcase racist, and my other coworker is a zombie.

He slumped down on a piece of equipment as he leaned against the wall. He had one mission. How was he ever going to get a message to the man he was supposed to?

What was his name?..Kitaoka told me it.. Kannata? Kanna?..No..! Kanazaki. Kanzaki Shirou!

If he could just slip away and find him.

"No sleeping." Kusaka said, "I'm angry, I say we all suit up and hunt some Orphenochs."

This was going to be a long day.