Plot E 03

Badan City Streets

Mashashi Sudo aka Scissors kept quiet as darted down into an alleyway. Researching into the potential suspects took some time, time he had rather spent sleeping or increasing his social status. But eventually, he figured out the most obvious suspects. Barbaric creatures who valued violence and savagery, the Gurongi. Through some simple studying, he found out these powerful creatures had a game of killing humans.

"Henshin!" he said.

And that was why he needed to transform, if he was going to bring in some sort of monster suspect, he'd need his rider form. He then jumped into the nearest reflection.

Scope the area Sudo, and find out what you're up against.

He spoke to himself in the third person, because these days he found orders were what helped him push past his fears. Though each time entering the Mirror World it still gave him a shiver up his spine.

Once he was inside, he walked forward. The Mirror World was quiet, not a soul. Good. He clung close to mirrors, watching the "real world" through a safe vantage point.

He was trailing two Gurongi.

They're clearly on the prowl. He thought.

He watched as they climbed on top of a building taking to the rooftops, Sudo groaned as he jumped forward echoing their path. The two Gurongi carried spears and seemed to resemble jaguars, he was curious if they'd pounce or maim. He assumed they had a target, but couldn't see anything in the night from his vantage point. One of them perched onto the corner and aimed her spear.

FWOOSH!

Sudo jumped down estimating where the spear landed and trying to find an appropriate reflection to see it. He landed in the center of the street and scanned the area before spotting a body in the window. Fresh blood.

A Combatman..just like the rest. Near-perfect targets, nobody really notices them. He thought. Except me..

It felt good to give himself a pat on the back.

The two Gurongi arrived to inspect the body and then left the scene. They were headed towards a series of caves, marked by a sign. He found this perplexing, they didn't seem to care if they were caught.

"Gurongi Caves"

He considered his options.

I can't handle a dozen or so Gurongi, if they get in those caves. I could come back with Zol..

He then remembered Zol's strict demeanor and how he wasn't receptive if Sudo needed aid.

Dang it.. ! I have to go after them!

But once he looked back, the Gurongi were looking in his direction, pointing! Shouting in their own strange language. Somehow they had spotted him.

Crap crap crap crap!

He charged forward rushing to exit the mirror and planning to tackle one of them. He also slotted in a card to his visor.

STRIKE VENT

Jumping through the mirror, he saw his crab arm attachment as the Gurongi scattered in different directions. They continued shouting at each other surrounding him.

They work well as a team.

A Gurongi threw a spear at him, and Sudo rolled and swung forward trying to hit him, the other poked him in the back while he was distracted. Scissors spun around slashing the Gurongi. Reluctantly he pulled out another card. More shouting.

ADVENT

Suddenly appearing from a nearby reflection, Volcancer sprung running into one of the Gurongi, and spraying its deadly bubbles at it. Scissors then was free to keep his attention on the other one, and hopefully, he could bring it in for questioning. However as they were fighting, his ears began to pick up on something. Voices. Singing. Chanting. From the caves!

Nooo! All this time, they were calling for reinforcements!

Soon an army of Gurongi walked out of the caves, and pushing aside to the front of them was a white and gold and tall Gurongi. Their leader, Daguva. Scissors began panicking and aimed to jump into the nearest mirror.

WHANG!

He was smacked forward in the back of the head with the Gurongi's staff, his helmet protected him, but his head still rang. He stumbled forward, slashing his claw wildly. When suddenly, Daguva jumped forward landing in front of him, and ceased him by his throat. Sudo gasped for air as he stared. His monster Volcancer seemed too indisposed fighting the Gurongi to rescue him.

Not..again!

Was this really how he would die? Killed cruelly by monsters yet again? Daguva was speaking in his Gurongi tongue, however, the words slowly seemed to start making sense, as if he was adjusting his tongue.

"What do you want?" he asked.

He then threw Scissors onto the pavement as the other Gurongi surrounded him. Nowhere to run, no way to fight. He took a deep breath as he tried to figure out a way out of this.

He coughed and said, "You've broken the law, I'm here to arrest you."

He said this almost meekly, the truth was he didn't believe his words himself. Daguva glanced around his followers and let out a laugh.

Stupid..! He thought.

"You dare disrupt our Gelgel?" Daguva asked.

The Gelgel was their game, a game to kill humans for points. He feared he would be next, perhaps if he stayed in his rider form they might not tell he was also a human

"I'm a lawman..! If you kill me, Badan..Zol.. will rain down upon you!" he said.

He tried to back up with a crawl, but another Gurongi kicked him back closer.

"A lawman huh?" Daguva said, "Badan does not let us rampage, instead we are cooped up in caves waiting for...orders!"

"I-I understand that, but Badan is powerful, you can't hope to topple it," Scissors said.

"We don't want to topple if not necessary..we find this city.. Agreeable. We just want to keep causing trouble till Badan gives us purpose. It's manipulation through brute force you see," Daguva said.

Great thought Scissors, Politics.

"Zol won't like this," Scissors said.

"That's why he won't know little man," Daguva said, "You will work for me..or we'll show you the finest Gurongi torture techniques..!"

Scissors didn't know what was a worse death, Badan's crucifixion methods or a Gurongi's torture. He didn't want to find out either. Scissors most of all wanted to survive. He had tried to be a "good cop" again, or at least someone who was trying to do his job, professionally.

"F-fine.. Just let me go!" he said.

And just like that he was corrupt yet again. Instead of serving his own self-interests, it was now someone else's. Not just annoying to his desires but deadly for the forces at play.

"Acceptable," Daguva said.

Scissors was dropped onto the ground landing on his claw arm. He got up as he could see the other Gurongi staring at something. Someone was coming, a strange man with a puppet on his shoulder. Scissors thought he recognized him.

The guy from the Library? He thought.