Plot A 03

Plot A 03

Badan Jungles

Kaidou followed behind Maehara and Kusaka through thick foliage. Kusaka woke them up first thing in the morning to hunt for Oprhenochs. Kaidou valued sleep. Kusaka was too driven to care about sleep and Maehara didn't seem to sleep or even eat. It was disturbing. Even worse, Kusaka demanded they stayed transformed, another matter he was was outvoted on.

How is it painfully hot underground?? He thought.

Kaidou never cared much for science, he was more of a music guy. Well, at least until the incident with his hands and becoming an Orphenoch. He tried to remember he was grateful for being out of the Badan Prison, but Kusaka was making it difficult.

He couldn't weasel out of it either, a close eye was kept on him. Insisting he prove his worth.

At least Orphenochs are old enemies.. Kiba wouldn't want me to harm humans.

The thought of Kiba smiling down upon him gave him some comfort, he wondered why he was revived, but not Kiba or Yuka. Kiba was a better leader and man than he ever was, yet the others back at the prison remained on his shoulders.

It sucks. But I'll do what it takes, I'm not one to skirt from responsibility.

He was just concerned about his skills as a rider, could he win a tough fight? He hoped Kusaka and Maehara would do the heavy lifting.

"This isn't a hunt," Maehara said.

"Bark off inhuman," Kaixa said, "We'll find them."

Kaidou listened, not wanting to get on his worse side.

They came across a trampled area in the forest, a clear indicator of tracks. Kaixa stopped and took interest, kicking across sticks and leaves looking for any sort of tracks or evidence.

"There are a number of outcast species within these jungles," Maehara said, "Finding a specific one would be difficult given the diversity of said species. There are no moves to play."

Kaidou sat down on the nearest rock with his hands on his helmet.

"Ah ha!" Kaixa said as he picked up a chunk of grey sand, "They were here. This is the remains of an Orphenoch."

Kaidou leaned forward and felt he was right. Orphenochs turned to dust when they died, it was a cruel thing for a body.

"A single lead can go cold," Maehara said.

"Just follow these tracks," Kaixa said.

Kaidou got up ready to follow not seeing much choice as they began tracing the tracks. Maehara looked ahead.

"Illogical," He said, "These tracks go for miles and they were sprinting."

"So?" Kaidou asked.

"It is unlikely for them to run at a continued speed for such a long distance. Their bodies would give out," He said.

"You heard Zol," Kaixa said, "They're working with the Worms. That's your means of speed."

"And you want us to follow these tracks for who knows how many miles?" Kaidou asked.

"Yes," Kaixa said.

"The move is acceptable," Maehara said.

Kaidou sighed at the thought, he was already tired, and now they wanted to trek miles into the forest looking for an army.

However, he then could spot something headed toward them, he couldn't tell what but something was making the trees and other plants rustle, and it was fast. Without warning or reason, an Orphenoch appeared in front of them. He was a lion.