Chapter 2

~Mabel~

I'd lived in the attic practically all my life, and I never knew what was hidden in there.

Waddles and I were playing hide and seek when I stumbed on a loose floorboard and went crashing to the floor. Waddles had jumped out of hiding and came over to me, concern written all over his cute little pig face. "I'm alright," I said.

I turned to the loose floorboard. Er, no, actually it had come off completly. I was about to put it back when I found three books in there. I picked them up. Two had golden hands on them with the numbers 1 and 2 on them and the hands had six fingers. They looked old. I put them aside and looked at the third book. It had nothing on the front of it, so I opened it up.

It turned out to be a photo album. The first photo showed a man and a woman getting married. Their faces nagged something at the back of my mind. I looked closer at the woman. It was a little fuzzy, but she looked sort of like me. I looked at the man. He looked sort of like me too.

I turned the page, finding a younger version of Grunkle Stan and another man who resembled him with with two babies. A boy and a girl. I guessed that the other man was Stanley, my grandpa who had abandon me, leaving me with Grunkle Stan.

I squinted at the babies. They looked about two. The girl was smiling wide in Grunkle Stan's arms and the boy clung to Grandpa Stanley's sleeves as Stanley balanced him on his knees.

There was a knock on my door that made me just. "Mabel, sweetie!" Grunkle Stan called in. "You're friends are here to pick you up!"

The sleepover! I almost forgot!

"Gottch, Grunkle Stan!" I called. "I'll be out in a second!"

I put the books back and set the floorboard over them. I hoped I wouldn't forget which one it was. Then, I grabbed my bag and opened the door. "Can you watch Waddles for tonight?" I asked Stan.

He rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Sure, Mabel."

I kissed his cheek. "See ya tomorrow, Grunkle Stan!' I called, rushing down the stairs.

~Dipper~

The knife was plunged into the wood just to the right of my head.

"What were you doing snooping in my stuff!" Stanley screamed at me.

"I wasn't snooping!" I said back. "You're the one that left the door open!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that my room is off limits?!"

"You're the one that keeps all the secrets!" I yelled. "If you let me know stuff, maybe I wouldn't be so curious!"

Stanley growled and grumbled something about teenagers. Then he pushed me away, pulling the knife off the wall. I ran up to my room.

When I got there, I took the book out of my vest pocket. "What are you hiding?" I asked no one in particular. The book was red with a six fingered, gold hand on it with the number three on it. I knew the six fingers had to do something with Stanley.

I opened the book, which turned out to be a journal of some sort. As I skimmed through the pages, I found out it was talking about magical creatures in a place called Gravity Falls Oregon. I'd never heard of it before. I guessed it must have been a small town or something. But something was fuzzy at the back of my mind. Why was Gravity Falls important?

Something fell out of the journal. A photograph?

I picked it up. There were two men who looked similar to each other and two babies. One of the men looked like Stanley and the other one looked similar to him, but not an exact replica. Great uncle Stanford? I guessed. Didn't Stanley call him his twin a while ago?

But who were the babies? Were my grandpa and great uncle dads? No, they looked too old. Then it hit me. The babies looked about two and one was a boy and the other a girl. It that me? The way grandpa Stanley was smiling looked sober. Something I rarely saw. Was this before my parents died?

But then...who was the girl? I knew better then to ask Stanley. He'd just take the picture and know I stole his book.

Wait, the book. Were these two things connected? Did great uncle Stanford know the girl? Well, of course he did. He was holding her after all.

I put the photo back in the book and slid it under my bed. I would usually take a walk to clear my head, but it was pouring outside. I decided it would be best just to hang out in my room for a bit until the rain died down or Stanley's rage. Which ever came first, really.

I gazed out the rain sploched window. Somehow, I'd have to get to Gravity Falls. Whether Stanley wanted me to, or not.

~theshipper101~

I really couldn't think of anything else, so I kinda made it so their twin "powers" allowed them to do this near the same time. Yes, they found the same picture, so that'll be helpful in the future.

And have no fear, the next update should come soon for I have an idea for the next chapter!