Chapter 9

~Mabel~

I showed Dipper the rest of the town and we eventually started to walk back home.

On the way back, we bumped into Pacific a Northwest.

"Oh hey,Mabel," she said in a fake nice voice. "Did you finally buy yourself a servent, or did you actually land a date?"

I crossed my arms. "For you're information, Pacifica, this is my long lost twin brother Dipper."

Pacifica laughed. "Oh, finally someone in town that looks just as dumb as you! I can see the family resemblance."

I flushed. "Shut up, Pacifica!"

"What are you going to do about it?" Pacifica sneered. "My parents are millionairs, you can sue them all you want."

I gritted my teeth, grabbed Dipper by the arm, and started to pull him away, despite his flinch. "I think I've found the perfect boy for you!" Pacifica yelled as we were leaving. "The zoo has some particularaly hansom monkeys!"

When we were out of Pacifica's line of vision, I let go of Dipper's arm. "I'm sorry you had to see that," I said.

Dipper shrugged. "Trust me, I've had way worse enemies then that."

"We've been like that for a long time," I said. "We both liked this boy, so we fought over him, and it ended up that he liked someone else. Been enemies ever since."

"It's a better reason then why I hate Gideon," Dipper said.

"Who's Gideon?"

Dipper sighed. "Just some kid who took advantage of me."

I could tell he didn't want to say anything more about it. I decided to change the subject as we walked out of town. "So," I said. "What was all that with Wendy?"

"What do you mean?" Dipper asked.

I smiled. "You were as red as a strawberry!"

Dipper blushed again. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

I shoved him playfully. "Yes you do! The stuttering-"

"I'm shy," Dipper complained.

"Never taking your eyes off her-"

"She's a girl mechanic, you usually don't see that."

"The looking back!"

Dipper was silent.

"I knew it!" I screamed. "You love her! Wendy and Dipper sitting in a tree. K-"
Dipper shoved his hand over my mouth. "Mabel! Shut up!"

I giggled, shoving him playfully. "Oh, fine. But you can't hide from your feelings, brother!"

Dipper was practically glowing with embarresment.

"And you know what the best thing is?" I asked him. He didn't answer, but I went on anyways. "You can see her every other week day because she works at the Mystery Shack!"

Dipper's head shot up. "No," he said. "Please be joking."

I shook my head. "Soos too."

"Well, as long as we're not alone, I guess I'll be okay."

I patted Dipper on the back. He didn't flinch this time. I smiled to myself. "And don't worry. She's super nice!"

"Can we please stop talking about Wendy?"

I nodded. "Okay. Well, so...what do you like to do?"

Dipper shrugged. "I read a lot."

"Read?" I said. "Hey, I found this book in the attic that you'd love. Come on!" I started running, and Dipper ran after me.

~
~Dipper~

As soon as we got to the house, Mabel was about to run with me up to the attic, but Great Uncle Stanley's shout stopped us. "Mabel! Can you bring Dipper in the family room?"

Mabel stopped in her tracks. "Darn," she said. "I guess I'll have to show you later." We walked to the family room, which had a radio, a couch, and a bunch of fake looking stuffed animals that I assumed were for Stanley's museum.

"Phone for you, kid," Stanley said. I gulped. Only Grandpa Stanford would call me. I took the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Dipper Pines!" Stanford's voice rang loud through the speeker, making my ears hurt. "You have no idea what you've done! Get your butt back to New York this instant!"

I glanced behind me and saw Stanley leading Mabel out of the room.

I took a deep breath. "I had to find out who I was Grandpa Stanford. You never told me I had a twin, or that-"

"You've endangered yourself and many others, kid!"

"Have you been drinking Ford?"

"Shut up, Dipper!"

I gulped and hung up. I backed away from the phone, wishing that Stanford would just forget about me.

The phone rang again. I gulped and picked it up. "Hello."

"Look, kid," Grandpa Stanford said, sounding more sober than normal. "I can't explain everything, but Gravity Falls is no place for you. Or your sister for that matter, but mostly you. My brother doesn't know entirely, but with you there, things are sure to happen. Just come back home."

"Home?" I asked. "Why should I came back to you?" I suddenly felt a wave of rage caused from all that I went through. "You never cared about me! You've only ever cared for yourself! When the other kids who waited in the ally picked on me and eventually started beating me up, you said to suck it up! And the only reason they picked on my was because I was so small and weak, because of you! You're the one that caused me to run in the first place! I almost ran away a countless number of times before, but I was always too scared.

"I'm sick and tired of you treating me like trash and thinking I was just something you could kick when you were feeling low or hit when you're drunk! I'm never coming back to New York! If you want me back, come and get me!" And with that, I slammed the reciever down and walked away.