Chapter 11

~Dipper~

I was causually strollling down to breakfast the next day when I heard Grunkle Stan yelling. "You know what? I can see what you did to the kid! He's got a low self esteem, he's jumpy, he winces when you touch him and he never looks you I'm the eye! I know you hurt Dipper and I don't ever want you to touch him again! If I have to take them both, then so be it!" Silence. Then, "If you were smart, then you'd never, ever come to Gravity Falls ever again!" There was a sound of Grunkle Stan slamming the phone down.

I waited a few minutes before entering the kitchen. Grunkle Stan was muttering under his breath as he stabbed his eggs with his fork.

"Morning, Grunkle Stan," I said, sitting down next to him.

Grunkle Stan cringed. "D-did you hear that?"

I nodded.

Grunkle Stan sighed. "I'm sorry, kid. I shouldn't have let my temper get the best of me..."

"It's fine," I said. "Don't worry about it."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. "So..." Stan began. "Did you like living in New York?"

I shrugged. "It was okay, I guess."

"Did Ford hurt you, in any way?"

I swollowed and nodded slowly. "But only when he was drunk. He'd forgotten what he'd done by the next day and ask what happened to me."

Stan sighed. "You should have met him when he was younger, before that experiment went all wrong. He was the smartest man in the state of New Jersey, probably even the world! But terrible things happen to good people, am I right?"

I nodded.

"Do you want something to eat?"

I nodded again. After Stan had mentioned to Ford on the phone that I was jumpy, I started to notice it throughout the day, but couldn't stop it. Mabel would poke me to get my attention and I could jump, even just the slightest touch. She avoided touching to all together, even when she was handing me something. Stan looked so much like Ford, that I would have a mini heart attack whenever he entered the room. I knew I'd get used to it over time.

Mabel and I were restocking the gift shop when Wendy came in. I couldn't stop the heat that made my face turn bright red of my heart beating twenty times a second. Mabel gave me a look and smiled.

"Don't you dare," I said through gritted teeth, glaring at her.

Her smile widened. "Hey Wendy," she said.

"Mabel!" I whispered angrily. "Don't-"

"Yeah, Mabel?" Wendy asked her.

"Dipper wants to tell you something." She gave me a little shove towards her. I gulped, not even noticing the fact Mabel had touched me and not caring.

"Yes?" Wendy asked, looking directly at me.

My face was feeling hotter by the minute. "I-I-I...I j-just th-thought it was c-c-cool that you were a mec-chanic."

Wendy smirked. "Yeah, I get that a lot. And don't worry, kid," she flicked the brim of my hat. "I don't bite." And with that, she turned her back to help a coustumer."

I stomped over to Mabel, who looked thuroghly disapointed. "Why didn't you tell her?" Mabel asked.

"Because I'm fourteen and she's...how old is she?"

"She's only seventeen."

"Yeah, but she doesn't want to be with me. I know she doesn't. If I tell her, then she'll just laugh at me."

"You don't know that!" Mabel said in an exasperated voice.

"Yes, I do," I said quietly.

"Dipper, if I know one thing about girls, then they think it's cute when you do something for them, even so.wthing embarresing. And Wendy won't pound you for feeling the way you do! If you just talked to her about it-"

"That's the thing!" I interuped. "I have to talk to her!"

Mabel stopped her rant. "Oh." She said quietly.

I sighed. "It's just..."

"I overheard you telling Grunkle Stan what Grandpa Stanford did to you."

I couldn't look her in the eye. She's been listening in. I probably would've done the same, but I was still angry that she knew so much about my past life, everything I wanted to leave behind in New York.

"Dipper-"

I turned away and walked out of the shack. I had no reason to give Mabel the cold shoulder, but I felt exposed. I needed to be alone for a little bit.

~Mabel~

"Stupid," I muttered as I searched the woods for Dipper. "Why did I say that? If he didn't tell you something, then it's probably a secret."

"Dipper!" I yelled again. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you! If you want, I can make you a large glass of Mabel juice when we get home!"

I sighed. This was useless. Maybe he was already back at the shack. I know that's where I'd want to be. Safe from these spooky woods. There was a distant howl somewhere in front of me that sent shivers down my spine.

"Well, okay!" I yelled. "If you can here me, I'm heading back to the shack!"

I turned around and suddenly realized something.

Where was I?

"Okay, Mabel," I told myself. "Remember what Stan said ap out survival. Find the way the sun is setting." I looked up. The sun was still high in the sky. I sighed. "This is hopeless."

There was a rustling of leaves behind me. I jumped, grabbing the nearest thing to use as a weapon, which turned out to be a stick. My hand was shaking slightly as a human sized figure can out of the bush.

"Back!" I yelled, hitting at it with my stick, my eyes closed. "Go away! Leave me be!"

"Mabel!" The figure complained. "Ow! Stop that!"

I stopped and opened my eyes. Dipper had his arms up to they and protect himself from my branch of doom. I dropped the stick. "Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed. "Dipper, I am so sorry!"

"No, it's my fault," Dipper said. "I deserve that. I shouldn't have run off like that."

"And I shouldn't have eaves dropped on you," I said. "It was wrong and blah blah, we get the picture."

"From now on, I'll try to be honest with you," Dipper said.

I smiled. "Okay. Awkward sibling hug?"

Dipper hesitated at first, then said, "Awkward Sibling hug." We both embraced and patted each other on the back awkwardly at the same time, which made us laugh at the same time. I pulled away. "Okay, now we need to find a way to get home."

Dipper nodded. "So we're lost again?"

I shrugged "I wouldn't say we're lost..."

"We're lost."

"...We are so lost."

Seperated (Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें