Chapter 5

~Dipper~

I swollowed as I snuck onto the Gleeful's property. I didn't know where Gideon's room was, so I had to hurry.

With my bag slung over my shoulder, I slowly turned the Gleeful's doorknob. It was locked.

Of course it is, stupid! I thought. Did you really think the richest man on the street would just leave his house open like 'here, take all my money!'.

I sighed and went to the window instead. You could only open it from the inside. I sighed quietly in frustration. I looked up and saw a light was on upstairs and my heart skipped a beat. I froze until I noticed the window was open. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I guessed that was Gideon's room, and that's just because I saw him in the reflection of the glass.

Even as I was wondering how I would climb up there and steal the journal back, Gideon came and looked out the window. He looked down and saw me instantly. "I knew you'd come for this," Gideon said, holding up the journal.

"Just give it back, Gideon," I said, crossing my arms. "I'm not in the mood for you're games."

Gideon laughed. "You really think I'll give this up without a fight?"

I sighed. I knew it had been a long shot. "Now," Gideon was saying. "About this book...where is this place called Gravity Falls?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. It's not like I wrote the book."

Gideon rose an eyebrow at me. "So? It's obvious someone did. Was it that drunk grandfather of yours?"

"Just give me back the book," I said.

Gideon seemed to consider it. "Only on one condition."

I sighed. "Fine."

A grin formed on Gideon's mouth. "Good. Let's go take a little trip to the grave yard."

I felt a hand suddenly grab me by the scruff of the neck and around the mouth so I wouldn't scream for help. Crap, was my one thought.

~

~Mabel~

"No."

"Please Grunkle Stan," I begged, giving him puppy eyes.

"I said no," Stan said firmly, glancing at the boy she had brought with her.

I stuck out her bottom lip and folded her hands together. "I thought you loved me."

Stan rolled his eyes at me. "Mabel," Stan said firmly. "I'm not letting a complete stranger into our house."

"He's not a complete stranger," I insisted. "We know that his name is Mermando and he's from Mexico. Oh! And that he can play gituar."

Stan pinched the bridge of his nose. "I thought you didn't like boys."

"No," I said. "I like boys. I just don't like dirty rats that try to hit on me."

"How do you know he's not one of them?" Stan asked.

I rose an eyebrow at him. "Well, I haven't sent him to the hospital yet..."

"He can use our phone, then I want him gone."

"But Grunkle Stan!" I complained. "He doesn't have anywhere to stay!"

"What does this look like, a hotel?" Stan asked, gesturing to the Mystery Shack.

"Excuse me, Senior," Mermando interupted. "I noticed that you run a museum. I would gladly work for you and in return, and you wouldn't even have to pay me. All I ask for is food and a place to sleep. Just until my parents send someone to find me."

Grunkle Stan tapped his chin. "Well...I guess I do need some help running the gift shop..."

I threw my arms around Stan. "Thanks Grunkle Stan!" I said. "You won't regret it!"

Stan mumbled something under his breath, but I didn't catch it.

"I'll show you to the phone," I said, letting go of Grunkle Stan and turning to Mermando, gesturing him to follow me.

~theshipper101~

Short chapter, I know. I'll get into more action in the next chapter.

And for the long wait...writer's block has struck again!

And...a particular dream demon may or may not show up in a few chapters or so...

Well, fun keeping y'all on the edge of your seats!

You have no idea how fun it is for an author to make your fans all mad at you

Sorry, not sorry