CHAPTER 20 : The Promise

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆“You are more than a soulmate

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
You are more than a soulmate.
You are a piece of my soul.
»»——⍟——««

POV : Ara

There I was, energy drained out, lying on the hospital bed after the delivery of our beloved daughter

Doctors will bring our daughter in sometime as they clean her up. I'm already transferred to a normal room, Jungkook by my side, who is caressing my head and whispering the words of appreciation to me.

“You did so well, love... I'm proud of you. You're so strong, sweetheart,” he murmured the words in my ear. His eyes held love for me as he rubbed my hand with his palm.

“I love you...” I said to him, lovingly.

“I love you too...” he said back, his eyes shone brightly.

After a few moments, Jungkook became so impatient to see our daughter. “Why are they taking so much time to bring her here?” he said, being a little annoyed.

“It's ok, Jungkook. Calm down,” I said with my calm voice, trying to ease him. He was looking like if he didn't get to see his daughter now, he would turn this place upside down.

The door opened, revealing a nurse carrying the baby in her hands.
“Mr. Jeon, here is your baby," she said, calling out Jungkook.

Jungkook slowly went towards the nurse and softly looked at the baby. His lips broke into a beautiful smile. He slowly lifted up his hand and poked the baby's cheek with his forefinger, which was visibly shaking. He smiled more as he touched her face with his fingers. Her face was half the size of Jungkook's hands, which made him giggle at her.

The nurse handed her the baby and walked out of the room. He carefully took her in his arms. He was holding her like she was a precious feather and will lose her charm if he held her tightly.

“Ara, look, she's so beautiful,” he said smiling at her, his eyes were glistening with tears. I could see it, he was gonna cry.

He looked at me and tears rolled down his face, while his lips were curved into a beautiful smile. He placed a small kiss on my head and muttered into my ear while smiling, “Thank you so much, love. This is the best gift.” He sat there talking with her, tears streaming down his eyes continuously.

I have seen Jungkook crying only three times. First, when he was going abroad for his further studies and I went to meet him at the airport. Second, when we both met after seven years of our separation. And third was this moment, having our daughter in his arms. Firstly, he cried because of pain, second time he cried because of relief, and now he is crying because of joy and happiness. He is too happy to have this beautiful angel in our life.

“Ok. Now give me my daughter too. I also want to hold her in my arms,” I said, pouting a little.

“Oh... Yeah, sure,” he said while wiping his tears.

He handed me our babygirl, carefully. I took her in my arms.
“She is actually so beautiful, my baby,” I said, tearing up a little. I gave a small peck on her nose.

“Yes, see Ara, she has the same beautiful eyes as yours,” he said, softly caressing her cheek.

“Yup... she has,” I giggled.
I also started analysing her features so that I could find the same feature as Jungkook. But as I analysed, I realized that she doesn't has any single feature of Jungkook.

My eyes brimmed with tears. Obviously, she isn't Jungkook's biological daughter. My smile faded away a little, but I managed to smile again.

'No! It's okay! She is our daughter... no matter what...'
I reassured myself.

I looked at Jungkook and he was smiling so widely that I doubt his cheeks will hurt later. He looked at me and gave a small peck on my nose.

“She looks exactly like you, just like you. Just like an angel,” he said while bopping his nose with mine.

“Thank you, Jungkook... Thank you for accepting her, for accepting us,” I said and cried on his chest.

I could feel his smile fading away. He hugged me back.
“Ara, I told you that I don't want to hear that again, and she is MY daughter,” he said, stressing his voice on 'MY' word and caressed my head.

“I love you... I love my daughter too,” he said pecking my head.
“I love you too, Jungkook,” I said, snuggling into him more.

“Ok! Fine! Give me my daughter now,” he said, looking at her.
“No, I also want to hold her,” I said, not leaving her.

“Oh! Come on, Ara... You already held her for a long time,” he said and gave in. He slowly took her in his arms. She was such a silent baby, not crying, just staying calm and relaxed.

He looked at her lovingly.
“Jeon Areum”
He said, smiling at her.

He looked at me.
“Do you like the name?” he asked me.
I smiled at him.
“It's perfect, Jeon.”

He smiled more widely and looked back at her. “So... It's final. Your name will be Jeon Areum, daughter of Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Ara,” he said, smiling at her.

“Do you like the name, Areum?” he asked her softly.

“Ara, see, she smiled. I promise she did, she liked the name,” he said while being shocked.

I laughed at his behavior.
'I think I'll see this side of him more.'

He came and sat beside me on the bed. He held Areum in one hand, while hugged me with his another arm.

“Seriously, Ara, thank you so much, thank you for everything, for coming back in my life again and giving me such a great blessing,” he said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

'Head kisses are my weakness.'
It is the purest affectionate gesture.

“Thanks to you too, Jungkook... I can't explain how much you matter to me, how precious you are for me,” I said to him, with smiling eyes.

“I promise... that I will take care of you both... I'll never let you both feel the lack of love and care... I'll give you both the whole happiness in this world...” he said with a loving tone. “Because... you both belong to me... Only me.

“Don't forget to click that small star button

“Don't forget to click that small star button. Thank you.”