Chapter 9 🍂

Lisa's pov | Eight years ago

"If you ever walk through that door tonight,"

Roseanne's voice echoed behind my every step to the grand staircase. I ran the usual check as I walked; my cufflinks first, then the pocket square and last would be buttons of my suit.

"I am going to jump," the blonde added. "I'm not even kidding anymore, Lisa, I'm serious,"

"Oh, please Roseanne"

I paused by the barrister to face her. My wife was in one of her pregnancy sleeping gowns. Her hair was blonde and long, hanging over her shoulders.

"Not everyone is like you who lives rent - free. Most of us have work to do, duty to carry out rather than just sitting in bed, whining about her cramping back,"

I dissed and she looked at me in disbelief. "I couldn't believe you said that to you pregnant wife,"

She shook her head. "But again, of course you'd say that. I bet you won't be saying that if Suzy was in my shoes, standing by the barrister and heavily pregnant with your child!"

She bursted into tears, her whole body trembling with awful emotion. I sighed. The doctor told me Roseanne could be emotionally unavailable due to her unstable hormones.

But this? This is just a new whole level unlocked.

"I won't entertaint your thought,"

I stared at her tediously. "I will be back late. Don't wait for me,"

"You can't go!"

Roseanned reached for my arm, trying to stop me from moving. "I can and I'm going to make you watch me doing it,"

I pushed her harshly away from me. Her back hit the cold wall with a faint thud.

"I'm not going to let you go to that bitch! Lisa, I'm the woman you married! You better start treating me like that rather than a dirt on your shoes,"

"Flash news, Roseanne"

I locked my eyes with her. "You really are like the dirt on my shoes,"

I hissed, then turned my back on her so that I didn't have to see her anymore.

But I should know Roseanne wouldn't settle on that. She grabbed my arm and slapped my cheek. So hard, that a speck of blood fell from the tip of my nose.

Fuck.

"You really are asking for this,"

I grunted, then I grabbed her by the hair and slammed her against the wall. "Hit me," she challenged.

"Fucking hit me if you really want to leave,"

And I fell into that.

I punched her square in the face. She fell to her knees. Half writhing in pain, half provoking me. "Is that what you got?"

She looked at me and I crouched down to choke her. My hands around her neck. Anger boiling in every of my nerve.

"You are going to die,"

I told her. My hands were still chocking her. "Say you're sorry,"

"No,"

She hesitated. "Never"

And I choked her still.