Chapter 36 🪻

"It is confirmed," Jihyo says to Suzy. "The kids are hers. What do we do now?" she asks again inside the car. The pale Korean licks her lower lip as the mental image of her lover comes to mind.

The man was caught red handed embezzling a large sum of money at his workplace and is currently being detained.

"Wait, before you say anything," Jihyo stares at Suzy. "You're going to help Hyung Woo with his case right?" she reminds her of the woman's promise. Suzy rolls her eyes as she sips her coffee.

"So, they really are hers," she makes a conversation with herself. "But..." she pauses in confusion , having not understood the real reason why the sisters are whisked away from the royal life.

"Why would on Earth Lisa hide them away?"

"You haven't answered me," Jihyo demands. "You can't wash your hands out of your promise, Suzy," she adds, her voice slowly losing the respect tone she once used.

"Shut up you fucking whore!" Suzy yells in the car. And that immediately silences Jihyo from asking more.

"I know what I promised you. You don't have to remind me" the woman adds angrily before clenching her jaws in frustration. "If she loves them that much, why on Earth would she keep them away? Most importantly, even from Roseanne?"

"I don't care why she hid them," Jihyo replies after a moment. Braving herself, she goes on saying what she has to say.

"I just care about my boyfriend. You need to bail him out like you have promised me you would and clear his name from all the accusations,"

"You're still on that crap..." Suzy sighs. "Fine, I'll ring my lawyer after this and see what he can do to bail that rat out," she assures Jihyo who by now breathes gratefully.

"Thank you, Suzy," Jihyo says. "Now," she sits up straight before leaning into Suzy's side. "What do we do now with them?"

"We're going to take them with us,"

Suzy says. "Then one by one, their limbs, we will send it to Lisa"

"What?" Jihyo pauses. "Isn't it ... A little too much for a play?"

Suzy clicks her tongue, then adjusts the way her hand wraps around the wheel.

"Who says we are playing? I'm done with this game. It's time to start a war. And if you ask again, everything is fair in love and war,"

"If you say so," Jihyo puts on her cap, then her mask. "I'll inform you later about the plan"

***

"There is an emergency"

Lisa's office has been notified while Lisa is in the middle of drawing a decision regarding the newly proposed causeway project, connecting Changdong and Hosan 2 hours faster than the traditional 5 hours on the road.

"We need to speak to Her Royal Highness A.S.A.P" the officer urges.

"Your Royal Highness..."

"If you may excuse me... What is it, Minji? Can't you see I'm in the middle of a very important deal?"

"I'm sorry but a calamity has recently striked..."

"What? What do you mean?"

"One of our senior ranked officer has been assassinated

"What? Where? Who?"

"Irene Bae from our office in Dongsan"

"What? Irene?"