Chapter 40 🪻

Third person’s pov 

Roseanne has been anxious. Her young daughters are missing and no one has approached her to update further about the case.

All she can see in the news for now is dirty politics, how the public is forsaking the ancient ruling house after a grave comment from the head of the house herself. 

As she paces back and forth in the dry kitchen, Jennie walks in wearing all black. “What happened?” 

She arches her eyebrows. Jennie sighs, not saying anything as she turns on the TV and what displays on the screen shocks Roseanne for a second. 

“I’m sorry for your loss,”

She offers her flat condolence. Jennie puts on a small smile. Tucking her hair behind one’s ear, she speaks.

“Oh, please don’t. I’m already out of that circus” she proceeds to stand a step next to the blonde.

“Speaking about that, are you still worried?” “About my unfounded daughters? Yes” Chaeyoung inhales sharply. 

“I haven’t been able to contact her either after she left”

“I suppose that’s what she’s good at,” 

Chaeyoung busies herself with another sip of tea. “Running away?” Jennie guesses and the blonde nods her head.

“I do think she has reasons to do it, Rosie,” Jennie chews her lower lip. 

“But still, I wouldn’t agree with her. What she did was unforgivable,” 

“I just want to see them, Jennie. I just want to hug them and tell them how much I love them,” 

“Then you will,” 

Jennie engulfs the tall blonde into her arms. “You’re going to be able to replace those 8 years that you lost and I’m sure about that,” 

***

Jennie, do you have a moment?”

Jisoo calls, stepping inside the room. The younger woman lifts her head to stare. “Yes, what is it, darling?” 

“Your cousin has requested to see you. But I have only put her on hold first because I need to ask you if you’re alright,” 

“My cousin?” Jennie frowns for a second. Why on Earth would Harin show up at her place especially right now? But eventually, she tells Jisoo to let Harin in. 

***

“Wonderful estate, I must say” 

Harin fixes buttons of her suit, then glances at Jennie who awaits by the door.

“Thank you. It belongs to my partner,” Jennie leans in to brush her lips against Harin’s cheeks.

“I hope it wasn’t tricky to find your way here,” 

“It was tricky,” the woman in suit replies. “I had to buy a way in because nobody with the same mind would drop me their CEO’s hideout,” 

“Great. Will you care to share the name later so that I can ask Jisoo to keep an eye on that prick?” 

“Sure,” Harin says. “But is Roseanne with you? I’ve been to her place but it’s empty. Her Royal Household says she’s gone since this morning,” 

“She is inside,” Jennie indicates with her thumb. “Great, if that so, will you invite me in” 

“Sure, please” Jennie steps aside as Harin walks in. A moment later, Jisoo joins them in the parlour.