Chapter 12 🌷

Lisa's pov

BREAKING NEWS
HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE RENDERS THE CROWD SPEECHLESS WITH HER UNGODLY BEAUTY AT RECENT APPEARANCE

BREAKING NEWS
HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE SPOTS IN HIGH FASHION AT MENTAL HEALTH CONVENTION

BREAKING NEWS
HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE LOOKS STUNNING IN VERSACE; THE ITALIAN GIANT DESIGNER CONFIRMS THEIR NEW SUIT IS NOW SOLD - OUT

BREAKING NEWS
"SHE'S SO REAL ABOUT HER STRUGGLES,"  PUBLIC PRAISES HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE OVER HER MENTAL HEALTH STRUGGLES AFTER LOSING TWO STILLBORN CHILDREN

BREAKING NEWS
IT'S A DIOR! FRENCH FASHION HOUSE CONFIRMS; ADDING THE DESIGN IS ONLY FOR HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE

BREAKING NEWS
"ROSEANNE UNSTABLE... THE ROYAL HOUSE UNDER PUBLIC'S SCRUTINY AFTER HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE SHARES A GLIMPSE OF WHAT BEING IN THE ROYAL FAMILY LOOKS LIKE

BREAKING NEWS
"THEY ALL SHOULD APOLOGISE TO HER," PUBLIC URGES APOLOGY TO THE PEOPLE'S PRINCESS AS HER MENTAL HEALTH STRUGGLES A PAIN FOR ROYAL FAMILY TO ENDURE

BREAKING NEWS
NO MORE HIDING! HRH THE LADY ROSEANNE CALLS ROYAL FAMILY COLD AFTER NOT BEING PERMITTED TO SEE HER STILLBORN CHILDREN

***

"You see,"

My grandmother says as the footman lays one by one newspaper on the coffee table. They all cover only the same issue; my wife.

"This is how we all going to end if public votes again,"

The old woman sighs. Then, she pinches the bridge of her wrinkled nose. I wince. That doesn't sound logical at all. But my mother seems to agree.

The very same woman who in last few weeks, had stabbed me in the back in this room too.

"I see no harm in whatever she's doing,"

I adjust my cufflinks. Then, direct my eyes to my grandmother who seems a bit taken aback by that blunt statement.

"Oh dear," she rectracts one hand to her mouth. Then, it falls dramatically on her lap. "What has gotten into your girl?"

She asks my mother. The woman shrugs. "I have no idea too," she concludes.

"Darling one," my grandmother begins again as she fixes her sitting posture. For a lady her age, surprisingly she's not sagging.

Her back is still as straight as an iron ruler I've remembered since Jennie and I were kids.

She wears her usual gown that wraps around her body perfectly. Then, tops it with a cotton cardigan, often olive because it's her favourite color. Her pantyhose is cream - colored. It glows against her black court shoes.

"You have to know we all have a very important job in making sure that this royal house thrives,"

She sounds serious. But not to the point that she's about to throw a fit like my mother. Just, a delicate serious.

"When you told us you wanted to marry your now wife, the only reason why your mother and I agreed was because Roseanne herself is from aristrocratic house, despite what's left only the name not the wealth,"

Her lips puckered at the mere memory. A bankcrupt aristocrat married the heir to the ruling house. I'm sire that my grandmother never dreamed about that her whole life.

"But darling, that's not the issue here now. What we are afraid of is that Roseanne, while being born in the aristocratic home, still in fact, cannot cope with all the pressures of being married to this family, of being married to you,"

"The last thing I think we all need in this family is for an outsider like her to narrate the wrong depiction of what's like to be part of this family,"

Then, she focuses her eyes on me, expecting me to say something. "Well," I clear my throat after a moment.

"I'll stick by my judgement. I don't think there's anything wrong with what she's doing. At least, she's telling the whole world now that she's crazy. How many people on Earth would have such courage? In front of thousand people? In front of the press?"

"I think perhaps you too are confused in your role,"

My grandmother echoes patiently.

"Darling, when people think of the royal house, they picture stability. They picture grandiosity. They picture all these perfect things of us because of what? Because we are their protector"

"I know the idea is too hard to be grasped by modern generation like you and your wife, but this idea, this very thinking has kept us all relevant for centuries and I intend for you to follow this,"

"And while we are at it, do tell me what's in post - natal depression or anxiety or whatever in between those fancy words she uttered at that convention screams stability to you?"

"

So, what exactly do you want to say?"

I frown. "Are you saying that this whole ruling thing is  going to go down the drain just because Roseanne tells the world that she's nuts?"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "I'm sorry but that doesn't sound really convincing to me,"

"You might think this is a joke, but I tell you what, you are making a sharp mistake. The parliament is gnawking at us light a hungry hawk. One wrong step and we will all be devoured!"

"Roseanne can say whatever shit she wants,"

I stand up, removing a lint from my arm. "I wouldn't care,"

"Well, you have to"

My mother says for the first time after all the silence.

"Because one day, darline one, you'll be their protector,"