Chapter 14 🌷

Roseanne's pov

"Your Royal Highness,"

The psychologist stands up. She is dressed in knee - length blue dress with thin white lace all over it. Her hair is bob cut and tinted silver, marking her age. She smiles but I don't.

"Just please," I hold myself as I walk past her and the armchair she was in before and invite myself to sit in another vacant chair. Then, I rest my Dior bag next to my black Manolo Blahnik.

A sigh escapes my throat. Directly from my heart.

My cheek is still sore from this morning slap that still ringing through my ear, stinging lightly underneath my very skin.

"How may I help you today, Your Royal Highness?"

The woman asks. She has a book in her lap, a pen in her hand. She looks like a school counsellor, waiting to jot down problems her student is facing so that she can use that very points to file a complaint.

"I don't know who you are,"

I stare at her through the black lenses of my YSL glasses. Then, I cross my feet together and square my shoulders.

"But I guess these days, people take pleasure in telling things they face to someone who barely knows them. So that no judgment will be made,"

"You are quite right, Your Royal Highness,"

The pen scribbles something on the paper. I guess it must be something between Roseanne's unstable again or anything of that line.

"You can take your time," the woman says. Then, she offers a smile on her wrinkled face. "Start, whenever you are ready,"

"Very well,"

I chew on my lower lip. A flash of what happened last night replays. It was perfect, until she called her name and not mine.

Lisa said it was a petty mistake, that I overreacted. But I don't think so.

"My partner and I had sex last night,"

I bore my eyes into the pyschologist's. "And while we were on it, like really into it, she called a different name. It was her whore's name"

"By your partner," the doctor inhales calmly. "Do you mean, Her Royal Highness, the Lord Protector, Lisa of the Manoban family?"

"Well, who else do you think? I might be the one with mental issues but she's the one with a whore inside the cupboard, or worse - everyone knows about it but they rather like to pretend like they know nothing,"

"You sound as if you've someone in mind when you said that,"

"Of course," I push my glasses to the tip of my nose.

"Her despicable family knows about it, particularly thst two old clowns who have been running the show,"

"Your Royal Highness, you can't indicate the head of our nation and the grandmother of your partner with such an inappropriate title,"

"Well, they deserve it,"

I shut my eyes. "They have never been a fan of me since I got in,"

There is silence. Then, the psychologist asks if I'm happy in the marriage. "I need to know the full picture before I make any assumption,"

She explains. I look away, eyes fall to the glimmering diamond ring housing my ring finger. "I am perfectly happy in this marriage,"

I say. "It's not perfect,"

I stare outside the chilly window where frost starts to draw against the thin, poorly imsulated mirror.

"This marriage,"

I look at the woman again. "She would abuse me a lot, my partner. She'd say awful things, hit me when she feels I deserve it, spend the night at her whore's place. What else do you need to know?"

"I need to know if it makes you uncomfortable,"

"I am her wife," I sigh. Then, a brief memory from our wedding replays; the very part where I sworn my lifelong loyalty to her and only her.

"There's nothing in this marriage that makes me uncomfortable although I've been getting few recommendations from my bedridden dad to leave her,"

"But I just can't. You don't leave the person you love,"

"It might sound a bit off,"

The woman stops scribbling. "But I believe no one should stuck somewhefe they don't belong,"

"Well, I belong here" I demand. My voice starts to hit those notes between anger and annoyance. "I belong with Lisa. If I didn't, then we wouldn't get married,"

"You Royal Highness,"

The woman words her thought carefully. "I am in no doubt that you love your partner dearly as you deem fit,"

She presses her lips together and a silence emerges.

"But one has to learn on drawing the line in the sand"

"I can't believe that you're suggesting this to me,"

I shake my head, then bend down on to grab the handle of my Dior. "Do you really understand what I'm telling you? Do you?"

I stand up. Then I pace back and forth. "You Royal Highness, I do not suggest what I think might have popped in your mind,"

"Yes you are!" I yell. "You have just indirectly suggesting me to get a divorce! Do you know this? That there is no divorce from where that I came from?"

"Your Royal Highness..."

"I will not divorce, Lisa"

I walk towards the door in complete anger. "Or let her divorce me. We are meant to be. We love each other,"

Then I exit her office with a loud bang and walk into the chaffeured car. "Take me home," I sigh