Chapter 16

HEAVEN'S POV

I quietly and slowly left the party and proceeded to our balcony, where I was able to see people socializing with one another. My social battery was already drained the moment I saw her on stage; I simply became silent when I felt my heartbeat speed up just seeing her.

Ganito ba talaga ang pakiramdam kapag may gusto ka o hindi kaya ay kapag nakikita mo siya? I don't want this feeling to develop too deep since I'm afraid of rejection. I'm afraid about what I'll have to give up in order to get the love I want.

"Why are you here? Aren't you enjoying the party?" A cold yet calm voice asked.

I carefully turn my head, only to see the goddess striding towards me, holding a glass of wine and watching my every move.

"Nagpahangin lang po." I said, returning my gaze to the people downstairs. I sensed her presence near me but chose not to look. I do not want her to see me sinking over her beauty again. Dagdag mo pa itong nagwawala kong puso.

"Ikaw ma'am, bakit ka po nandito?" Tanong ko ng hindi ito kumibo.

"To unwind too." Maikli nitong sagot. Hindi na lang ako nagsalita pa, tahimik lang kami habang nakatingin sa mga taong nagsasaya sa baba.

I smelled her perfume because of a sudden wind, and instantly closed my eyes as my heartbeat increased to double its usual speed. This smell helps me forget about my surroundings and concentrate just on the soothing smell.

"Peekaboo." A whisper drew me out of my reveries.

Her stunning face greeted me, as did her eyes, which could bring you to your knees. This view is a crime; I can't take it, and she's so close I can smell her minty breath with a tinge of alcohol.

I step back to get some space because I can't handle it any longer; I can't breathe properly, but she gets closer every time I walk back. I stopped stepping back when I felt the railings in my back.

"Why are you stepping back from me, hmm?" she asked in an enchanting tone, her eyes glittering as she gazed at my eyes then slowly at my lips. I inadvertently lick my lips because I feel them drying out as she stares.

I noticed how she swallowed while looking at my lips.

"Don't do that again." She warned.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Licking your lips. It's tempting me." She replied softly and took a step back to where she had been standing earlier. I bit my lip as I felt my cheeks heat up; this beautiful woman will be the cause of my demise.

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Hindi pa po ba kayo babalik sa party? Baka po hinahanap na po kayo." Tanong ko at tumayo ng tuwid pero hindi na lumapit pa sa kanya baka mahimatay na ako sa sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. Only she can make my heart go crazy, may ibibilis pa pala ang tibok nito lalo na kapag lumalapit siya feeling ko anytime ay lalabas na ito sa dibdib ko.

"I came here to unwind, as I previously stated." She said drinking her wine.

I didn't speak; instead, I grabbed it to stare at her side profile. Her perfect shade brow, long yet ideal curve nose, plump lips that appear soft, and her jaw, which is one of her best assets, are all highlighted.

Lord, bakit ang perfect naman ng mukha ng isang ito?

"Are you done memorizing my face?" I saw her smirk as she looked at me.

Itinaas ko ang isang kilay ko dahil sa tanong nito, mahihimigan ito ng kumpiyansa. "Hindi ka sure." Napangisi ako ng mawala ang mapaglaro nitong ngiti. Bakit naman ako aamin na tinitignan ko siya, umaapaw na ang confidence niya kailangan na bawasan.