Chapter 7

This continued for a long time throughout my 6th grade year, people took liking to hurting me as a means to make themselves feel better, though I never fought back. I couldn't bring myself to the thought of hurting another human being in the world, deciding it was taboo or like murder. It would harm more than just the human being I set out to harm but harm pieces of me I did not fully understand yet. This thought always scared me, though it was always something else too. I was afraid that if I stood up against the people who tortured me, throwing me into the ground, slamming me into walls, slamming lockers on my hands, or punching me, day by day, that Robin wouldn't come back to me. All I had really wanted by that point was her friendship again, or anyones friendship in the least, rather than leaving me alone. I just.... wanted someone. Something.My arms lay behind my back as they were held behind me, my face in the hard gravel like dirt, the taste of earth in my mouth as laughter came from people, a group of girls and guys and the 2 boys who tortured me for enjoyment. I cried so silently as my shoulders felt they were going to snap off, knowing full well that I looked the true definition of pitiful to these people, but they still continued to point and laugh. None held a look of contempt for the pain caused to me and none tried to give me reprieve. Suddenly the same feeling happened again, as the foot of my captor slammed into my back, a twisted laugh coming from him."So.... How's it feel faggot? To be nothing but a useless piece of trash for us to kick around?"I just looked onward as the face of the shorter kid filled my vision, sneering at me, laughing. He stood up what seemed quickly to me, and kicked dirt and rocks into my face, before yelling at me as if I had done wrong to him."SAY SOMETHING! TELL US HOW IT FEELS!"I Shook my head, to remove the dirt from my eyes and to tell I would not do that, even if they begged. I wouldn't make them feel better about themselves than they already felt for feeling superior to someone who didn't put up any resistance to the pain they wished to cause and already caused. The sound of giggling reached to my ears, ones that seemed to torture me further that such pain was allowed to me. I hoped now, hoped that it would stop."Let him go. I've got something to show him."My arms fell to the ground and the pressure came off my back.I smiled at the reprieve I was given finally to breathe and let the pain in my body subside. My hair was suddenly grabbed and my head jerked back, a punch landing on my face, my eyes flying towards the short haired kid who now looked at her phone, looking through it with smaller motions."I saw that stupid red haired whore you were with in elementary school... I hung out with her yesterday, me and my friends." My eyes looked at him in confusion and worry now as I felt something grip at my heart, his tone mocking, angry as he stopped and looked at me with dark eyes. He turned the phone and hit play on the keypad, the sound of a shill screaming filling my ears, a voice that was more light, yet still was the one who I recognized so well. There on the phone was Robin, being slowly raped and harmed like I was, the boys raking blades across her skin, bleeding more and more, her eyes wide in horror as they laughed, her screams in the middle of them. The kid let his phone drop to the ground in front of me as my eyes were wide and I felt something so different take a hold of me."That's what we're gonna do to you. We're gonna make sure you feel her pain."I watched as they took the knife and stabbed her multiple times until her shrill cries of pain stopped, and only the laughter was left. The two boys gathered in front of me and pulled out knives, one looking exactly like the one that had been used against Robin. My mind filled with everything, every memory of loneliness, of sorrow, of pain I had in my short span of life. Olivia left me. Robin was taken from me. I felt the small flickering hope in my soul leave and felt my heart leave it's place within my body as my eyes began to grow wider and wider. Why? Why did I deserve this? What did I do that made me so hated? Why did no one care? Why did no one love me? My heart shattered as the two laughed in front of me, brandishing their blades, ready to kill me, but little had they had truly known, they destroyed the very existence that could be called.... Jack."I'm..... going to kill you...." My voice came angry, filled with hatred as my body stood now, without pain anymore, without feeling, without anything. There was nothing, not even the sorrow of my loss. The two looked at me now confused and began to laugh together, pointing at me."Your nothing but scrawny bones and little muscle. Here..." They let their knives drop after a moment and kicked them away from them, smiles played across their face at their confidence. I clenched my teeth for the first time in true anger, my mind taken over by the need to punish them for what they had done. The other kid, who's voice was scratchy, his height one that overshadowed mine, his hair scraggly, black and eyes full of mischief, spoke to me. I would make them regret their words. I would make them regret everything."We'll give you a chance.... Trash."